Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Before/After

before... now don't I look nice?

after... does this make me look better?

The big lady that yells but loves me anyway told me to sit down for a picture this morning. Then she said it was time to 'go for a ride'. Great! We never go this early in the day. I wondered where we were going. To a new park? To see that old guy that gives me handfuls of treats... I just didn't know. And then we stop and get out pretty quickly. It wasn't any park. It was the vet. I'd been tricked. But it smells so powerful of things in there that I actually enjoy walking in. There was a little nervous black poodle sitting in her owner's lap just shaking when I came in. I'm not sure why. I'm nice. And so the big lady that yells but loves me anyway said some things about hair and cutting and nothing left on the tail and then they switched the leash to a strange lady's hands and off went my big lady. The cutting ensues. Lots of hair cutting. Like all my hair gone. I'm almost embarrassed to say this, but it feels like I'm walking around in my underwear (if I wore any). Or worse. Nothing at all. Naked. Yikes. For shame. But the big lady that yells said to someone on the phone today that I won't be smelling like pond water as much. I won't be bringing messes into the house when I'm lucky enough to lie on the rug. And I'll stay cooler. So... hopefully this hair stuff grows back pretty soon or I'll need to go shopping for clothes.

4 comments:

  1. cute, Lisi, at least you look good without!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisi,
    You're lookin' good. Your new "do" makes you look a bit like a yellow lab. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Labs look nice too!
    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's cute both ways! Cool for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Lisi- ummmm... Did you get the name and number of the clown that did that? ;)

    ReplyDelete