Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Streaming thoughts...

again. feeling frustrated with my camera. worked 2 days ago. now the computer can't detect a camera... yet it does a funny sound when i connect. what gives? software issues make my head hurt.

i'd like to post a picture of my much older sister and her darling daughter that calls kentucky home ("my old kentucky home"... get it? or not) never mind. i enjoyed their visit.

it's bone-chilling cold. i'm wearing my fleece-lined pants to walk these days. and the wood stove is going today. i was sick of hearing the furnace kick in. and we got the dog shaved down too quickly. she's curled up on her bed most the time these days wishing she had a pair of pants to put on. or a fleece jacket. i can see now why the neighbor weenie-dogs wear little jackets (that i might add are so cute on them). i think the reason i like dogs as i'm kinda a here-and-now kind of person. if it is warm today, well for goodness sakes it's going to be warm from here on out. well it isn't.

i think we domestic engineers enjoy blogs and FB so much is because this can be a lonely job. it's nearly exciting to hear that others are doing laundry too! oh boy!

kids have a half-day today. like their 15th this year so far. our teachers should be really smart by now with all their 'classes'. the morning goes (way too) fast. and i dread think about summer. at a much younger age i could fill up a sink with bubbles and they'd be there for hours. now... they want something to 'do'. i give jobs. and send them outside. and allow computer time. but they want to go somewhere. see someone... you know. summer will be interesting i say...

the house finch is sure content on her nest on the door. five eggs are being warmed by her feather fluff as we speak.

again, we hear about lots of diverse situations with others... struggles, sickness, sadness, and even the spectacular. hoping i can be what i should be in any situation...

3 comments:

  1. That gets to me sometimes, too, Linda... your last paragraph. The blog/Fb world offers up so many heartaches sometimes, and it's hard to do them justice from afar.

    Indiana implemented a "no half-day credit" rule this last year and I'm fine with that. The teachers showed movies on the first half of the day anyway so it certainly wasn't an educational day.

    Enjoy your laundry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer...its weird...I can't wait for it, but yet I sort of dread it. My quiet time doesn't seem so quiet. I have to find a little bit more energy to entertain.

    I am going to offer them that sink of bubbles and see how it goes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do so enjoy your blog! Lisi wishing for a pair of pants and a fleece jacket. Haha. Poor Puppy!
    Also like your thought about why you like dogs. Maybe that's why I like them, too. I've been freezing here in Pol because I brought stuff for warm weather... Because it had warmed up in Kyiv before I left. And it will be June before I leave here. That's warm, right? (Apparently not.)

    ReplyDelete