Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Birthday bash...

presenting the cake...

Didn't know this was taken. Love Mira's face..

she didn't wrap hers, so she kept it 'under wraps'... or dress

Same with T... the socks are hiding under the shirt...





** Ed. note: Forgive the wild-I-don't-care-what-I-look-like-anymore style on the above pictures. We were just back from the walk!

It was such a nice day. Actually, pretty 'normal', but yet it was fun to get lots of phone calls, e-mails, regular mail, and FB messages. One of my gifts was a new I-touch. Totally new for me, but wow is it ever fun. Handy! So I spent some time at the nearby Caribou Coffee sipping my free birthday white chocolate mocha and playing with my new device. Supper out with my family. A very windy walk with the Chairman. And cake with the crew. The girls decorated it this year. Turned out cute!

It is fun hearing about the shopping experiences with the kids and the Chairman. If you remember, last year I received a Woman's size 1X shirt (size chosen because size 1 would be small, right?). This year I got an actual size small! Progress. But the new socks for walking were from the men's department. T was delighted that he now fits adult sized socks and so he squandered them away into his drawer.

The dog looks cold. Last night the Chairman commented that she looks like a very large rodent with the shaved tail. I agree. Poor thing.

No cooking tonight either! Hooray for an invite out for supper.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Linda! Looks like they treat you well... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling cake decorating jog! Way to go Rayna and Mira!
    Happy Bday again! Looks like you had a great day. :)
    The dog does look cold... but not for long, likely. She'll be thanking you along about July.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on picking a crew who knows how to take care of you!! happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete