Monday, January 2, 2012

Monday Musings

Not a creature is stirring, except me.  I'm one of those people that hear about sleeping in and think it sounds so nice.  But I just don't do that anymore for some reason.

So it's been a week, and what a week it's been.  My mostly nice older brother and his lovely family came to visit for some days.  He minded his manners since I was holding the keys to his stomach most the time.  That guy actually looks like me.  He almost can predict with pinpoint accuracy what I'm going to say, or do, or what my reaction will be to something.  So he pushes the buttons in all the right wrong places and then... oh my.  But at this point, he will retain his 'mostly nice' status yet.

We experienced a wonderful wedding.  You all are paging up and down looking for where I posted the pictures.  Well keep looking as my camera is in Illinois and I'm not.  I hope to recover it before long.  There were moments during the time of the wedding days that I wanted to freeze a picture in my brain.  Freeze the sounds.  Freeze the feeling in my heart.  Yes, it was that good.  You see when you love your family it is nice.  When you actually feel love for the other family in the wedding party, that's special.  When you all share a common love for something greater, it's beyond words.  And so I'll leave it at that.  

If you want to get some good banter (insert the word argument) going on FB, just ask an opinion about something.  People are passionate about possessions - be it a washer/dryer, or a dog.  I actually solicited input on the appliances.  Front or side loading.  Which brand is best?  You get the picture.  After 17 and almost a half years, my washer has a rust spot on the drum.  So when you wash whites, you have to be vigilant in pulling them out immediately.  And beyond that, it decides on a whim whether it wants to actually spin the clothes before the cycle is finished.  The dryer thinks that two full cycles of drying time is nicer.  I think older people like to move slower too.  

We rang in the New Year's with flourish!  Or not.  I turned out my light by 10:35.  Gave up a silent thanks for another wonderful year, and set the alarm for quite early on the 1st.  Yesterday, was a very special day.  Most of you know what I mean.  And after that special time, we had all of my late sister-in-laws children and grandchildren here for supper with the folks.  I think I'm getting older, but I continually feel so amazed how just plain good these young people are.  Really.  

So it snowed last night enough to cover the grass finally.  And the wind blows strong.  And the temperatures have dipped again.  Yes, winter season is here.  And I must go pile some wood into the stove.

Happy 2012!  We know it will include hills and valleys, but the best part is that He will lead us safely through. 

2 comments:

  1. Been thinking of you this week . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. So if I keep reading will I learn which washer won your heart?
    And by the way- I've never heard of a side loading washer before...
    ;-P

    ReplyDelete