Thursday, January 26, 2012

Thoughts on a Thursday

I must be having a lot of fun because time is flying.  I can't believe how fast the weeks go by.  And really, I'm not doing all that much except keeping the Chairman's family running sorta smoothly.

I liked a headline I saw in the local paper today.  "Raccoons are the main dish Saturday".  And by this they mean the annual coon feed at a nearby town.  We haven't attended nor do we intend to.  For some reason, gathering with a lot of other people to eat raccoons doesn't tempt me.  There's plenty of other options out there in my book.

You know your parents have been a very long ways away when they call from Hawaii and say they are safely in their hotel and you feel like they are almost home.

Three years ago, we hired a landscape company to transform our very Amish-looking yard into a yard with foliage and trees (not that I have anything against the Amish yards).  Anyway now three years later, they guy still drives by our yard very slowly looking.  It just happened moments ago.  Now it is January and most everything is completely dormant.  So why does he keep returning to look?  Must be my infectious personality.

Do you remember our microwave is on the fritz?  Well it was.  Yesterday, I was trying to warm up something and got quite frustrated as it would keep "clicking" and not actually heat.  So in my frustration I slammed the door shut HARD.  Figure if the door fell off, it doesn't work anyway.  I think I scared the bejeebers out of it because it has worked flawlessly every since.  Weird.

Someone referred to this clip that I found entertaining.  Ginger could give Lisi a run for her money except none of the options were being a writer.  Their faces look identical.  Except that Lisi got a bath/grooming today and today she looks like she was just at the sheep shearers.  Anyway, here goes.  And that's all I have for you today!

No comments:

Post a Comment