Monday, January 30, 2012

Monday Musings

Well it's Monday and muse I must!

We have some additions to announce at the Chairman's chalet.  "Happy, Goldie, and Beanie Bart Junior" joined us on Saturday.  They, as you may have guessed, are fish.  Two 'feeder' goldfish and one betta.  The goldfish so far look quite alive and thankful that they aren't being fed to a bigger fish quite yet.  The betta looks just a half-a-lap away from heading south into the sewer system.  We'll see what the next days bring.  Lucky for the girls, there isn't a huge investment in these little creatures.

I found candy this weekend!  Yes!  A bag of my favorite flavor of fun size that was leftover from Halloween!  And yes!  This discovery requires all the exclamation points!!!!  Or not.

I'm ready for advice.  I don't ask for much because I'm stubborn like that.  But I have pictures.  LOTS of pictures from November of '08 to present that are sitting on the hard drive of the computer I'm currently using.  Yes, a good portion of them are backed up.  But I want to print some off.  Like three or four from each folder for the past four years.  What's the best way?  What's the most convenient way?  What's the cheapest way?  Do I go set up shop in the local drug store and do it there?  Do I send them to a website on-line and have them do the dirty work?  Do I pretend I don't have four years of pictures sitting out there on a hard drive just waiting to crash and miss these years of our lives?  Help!

Saturday, we went to a funeral.  We didn't know the man much beyond his name and location and such.  But we know his family and wanted to show support for them.  You can call me strange, but I really like funerals - as long as it isn't mine.  Seriously, you see a large group of people gathered in quietness.  You are in the presence of death and all the serious thoughts that brings.  You listen to servants moved by the Spirit to share words of comfort and Truth.  I'm always overwhelmed with love for those sitting there in quietness.  I feel like we are all a large family gathered together.  And we are.  And I love that.

I wouldn't call myself a proud person.  I wouldn't even say I'm arrogant.  But sometimes, I get kinda comfortable in who I am.  I like to think that I have it all together sometimes.  I like to think I'm perceptive and aware and not missing many tricks.  Today I ate a big slice of humble pie.  I was returning from stopping at various stores and realized I had a check to deposit.  I looked on GPS for the nearest location of our bank and headed there.  Saw the drive through and drove in.  Popped the goods into the tube and sent it on its way.  The loud, big, green pick-up truck guy next to me was talking with the teller.  It seemed to me that it was getting long.  I looked over with most-likely slightly narrowed eyes.  MOVE ALONG BUSTER!  Then my eyes caught the sign.  The sign that said this wasn't my bank branch.  Uh-oh.  I push the "call" button.  Um.  I think I sent my check to you, but this isn't XYZ bank like I thought it was.  I hear a "HAHAHAHAHA" coming through the mic.  The duffer in the loud, big, green pick-up truck heard my predicament.  He's laughing with the teller.  Of all the nerve.  I shrug my shoulders and drive off to my branch that was within stone's throw.  So there you have it.  Humble pie.

5 comments:

  1. Whoops! Gotta laugh at yourself!

    I would sort out/copy the pictures you want to print to a folder on your desktop. Then upload a bunch of them at once to your favorite online processor. Get a good discount code for doing a pile at once. I need to do that soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What BJKK said....do that. If you don't like to pay shipping or can't stand the shipping suspense, then upload them to the Walgreens or Wal-Mart picture site and order them online to be printed off at your local branch. Then go pick them up! How red was your face as you drove away? Mine would be beet-colored.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ask for advice and here is number three with the same advice. It is exactly what I do, get a folder copied and ready so it is easy to upload to Walmart, and when they are ready go pick them up. Too bad I forgot mine when I was in there today. Some people like Walgreens really well, and there are likely others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for asking the question..i might have to do that too!!

    i wish i were more confident like you are..i laugh at myself almost constantly and eat humble pie daily...sniff sniff...

    yes, funerals are good for us...the part where you said not your own made me chuckle tho...you're a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugg--I have way too many pictures on here I need to sort thru & print some. When I do get myself to do it, I do the folder thing & then upload to Walgreens. "Like" them on FB--they have some great deals & sometimes free shipping if I don't get impatient & want to pick them up. Laughing here at the "humble pie" moment...that would be so me :P

    ReplyDelete