Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Monday Musings

Had to switch the title up on you so that you wouldn't think I'm predictable you know...  pretty clever, eh?

Do you remember the flood of 2012?  The one I mentioned one whole post ago?  Well one of the ways to make a marriage cruise right along is to sometimes omit telling misfortunes.  However, I made the grave mistake of marrying someone kinda clever.  In fact, the Chairman is quite intelligent.  To the point he realizes that his socks get damp each and every time he crosses the threshold out of the bathroom onto the carpet.  He finally asked, 'what happened???'.  Um.  Well there was this plant that needed watering... and...

We've had son #1 alone for the better part of this Memorial Day weekend.  It just happened that the daughters #1 and 2 had invitations to two different homes.  So we are having alone-time.  It is highly fascinating how different personalities are when they aren't threatened by a bossy or talkative sister.  Interesting indeed.  I am a big believer in that birth-order, amount-of-kids-in-the-family thing.  It does impact personality.  A lot.

I find great satisfaction in cutting scraggly tree limbs.  I'm not sure why.

On a very sobering note, one of our little neighborhood boys was bitten by a dog.  It was a boxer.  I liked this dog. He played with Lisi often when we'd walk by his yard.  But he bit our little neighbor boy.  To the point of 30 stitches.  It makes me sad for the little boy.  And leery about the dog.  The little guy will be fine thankfully.

It was touching to see a line-up of cars stop the other night as Mr. Mallard stood firm in the middle of the road.  Then he quacked coaxing sounds to the Mrs. and the wee ones and they all scurried down to the nearby lake.  I love nature.
Every day (unless there are gale-force winds), the flag of freedom flies proudly at the front of our home.  I think we fly it because it looks good on our white Cape Cod.  But mostly we fly it because we love our country and the liberties we have here.  Today on Memorial Day, I'm thankful for a father that was willing to go on a long boat ride to an unknown Korea and serve by helping in the medic wards in situations none of us would really like to face.

Think this is all I've got to muse today!

No comments:

Post a Comment