Monday, May 21, 2012

Monday Musings

Really, I haven't mused much.  But it wouldn't be Monday without the muse.

Something must have been in the water 18 years ago, because there are a LOT of graduates this year in our area and what I see on FB of friends we know.  Nice-looking young adults I should add!

Something the Chairman mentions to others at times is that he and I could never work together in a job.  Maybe he thinks I'm too bossy.  Or not.  But we actually worked together on Saturday laying a lot of mulch.  Made quick work of a dump-truck pile.  I'm glad that icky job is done.

I held my breath figuratively and literally last night.  Lisi suddenly wanted to go outside.  She barks and barks and barks and barks.  Then through the wide-open window breeze I smelled skunk - really, really strong.  She came back without a trace of it.  So I don't know if Pepe LePew just missed or had sprayed someone else.   It would have been a wonderful story for Lisi to tell - if it were a story.

Blogging must be in my sub-conscious thought.  I had an icky dream last night.  I was late for a funeral (luckily, not my own), and just couldn't get it to work out to get there in time.  And I remember thinking in my dream, 'wow, this will be a good blog post'.  Weird.

Then there's "Colleen".  I needed to book several rooms at a hotel.  Being the miserly frugal person that I am, I called the hotel direct and spoke with the sales lady.  I made nice with her telling her how much I love their chain.  Then Colleen and I worked hard at pricing.  I got it to where I wanted it to be.  Then we started to chat.  And suddenly she was telling me about her father passing away last year at the age of 85 and how she didn't want to let him go.  Her daughter that worked at Target Stores and how the City has changed much in the past ten years.  Then she wondered when we would be checking in because she wanted to meet us and to make sure all our needs were met.  I sure hope she doesn't want to share appetizers in the reception room!  Forty-five minutes later, I politely ended the call.  But we did get a good rate!

I can tell you are impressed with our mulch-laying skill

OSHA approved - brooms on trampolines without netting

the girls here this weekend - the one on the right wanted to call me "mom'

4 comments:

  1. Tennis rackets and racquetball rackets on the trampoline are OSHA approved too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laying mulch is such a satisfying job. It makes me not want to weed for a very long time.
    (but it does make the weeds easier to see)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am, in fact, impressed by the mulch! Now... come do ours here, please! ;) jk

    ReplyDelete
  4. and footballs...and hoses..and wet trampolines...and dogs..Blizzard enjoyed his time on the jumpy toy! ( not my idea)

    ReplyDelete