Thursday, May 31, 2012

Thoughts on a Thursday

A couple very special ladies.  They like us and each other too!

The Dad's!  Sharing how wonderful their children are (tee-hee)

Dirty-rotten homework gets in the way of fun...

The Chairman of course! 

Reading...

Found on the download.  It's dark and un-ladylike, but a captured moment someone took.

Proof that I don't take all the pictures.  This was a thrill because it was the first time I let them have it.
Lots and lots of fire trucks came to our street this week.  Luckily not for us.  Unfortunately for the neighbors.  Not sure what happened yet, but there are fire/water restoration trucks at their house now.  Ugh.

One week of school left here at the Chairman's house.  The MYP are thrilled of course.  But I find it sweet when they say they'll miss their teachers/classmates too.  I was even called Mrs. T yesterday by one of our own...  

So a little kitten will be joining our family on Sunday night.  This cat has pedigree that goes all the way back to a barn or possibly an alley.  He's cute and gold and going to cause a lot of disruption here at the Chairman and company.  I'm hoping he can stay.  He'll be an outside cat (we hope).  I doubt he writes any stories, because he can't possibly be smarter than Lisi...

But before kitten comes, we will be taking a journey down memory lane for me.  I will be seeing old stomping grounds.  Places I lived and worked and romped at as a free-spirited 20'something.  We will see where the Chairman proposed.  We will see where we married.  We will see old friends that were a huge help to me when I was young and single and sometimes needing help.  I'm so incredibly thankful to return back after nearly 18 years with a spouse and family that I deeply love.  I have been looking back the long years over and I do feel blessed...  

And we will be at the funeral of my aunt.  Sitting there with a thankful heart.  Seeing some folks that knew her or the family.  Yes, I'm looking forward to the next days.  They are certain to be wonderful. 

4 comments:

  1. I love revisiting old haunts and friends and places and reliving memories! Enjoy!
    The pic of you and the MYP is really sweet!
    I had more to say... but can't remember what! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Cheery Chair-y,
    Thank you for the sweet comment over on my blog. I really must get over here to read your posts more often! :)

    Love,
    Flying by in NE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why do I only manage to get here to visit once a week or so? I always so enjoy my time. I laugh out loud, smile, share some warm agreements and just plain enjoy all the musings & thoughts along with the pictures. Forgive me for not commenting on each one--honestly I think FB has spoiled me, I'd just like to hit the "like" button all the time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mrs Chairman, it was delightful to meet you and yours in real life on Saturday! I am looking forward to your musings this Monday. We sang 158 in gm yest and I tried again to imagine the immensity of feelings behind that particular choice. Miracles still happen. And duh. I think I just figured out your daughter's pretty name. Does Mira stand for miracle?
    Bon's sis in MN

    ReplyDelete