Thursday, May 24, 2012

Thursdays thoughts

I would have posted sooner, but I was dealing with the flood of 2012.  Just a heads up in case you were wondering.  Do not put a big umbrella plant in the shower and covering a drain and then go off and get distracted by other things that seem important at the time.  You will return to a proverbial flood that leaves you wading in your own bathroom.  The silver lining is that our floor has never looked cleaner!

I was distracted by the outdoors.  Staring at my flowers and urging them to grow.  I LOVE this time of growth and green and new life.  I think I've said this before, so as to not lose the faithful, I'll stop now.

Except for the fact that I planted my vegetable garden yesterday!  Beans, carrots, lettuce, radishes, tomatoes, cucumbers... and more.  I do it because I should.  Not because I love vegetable gardens.

Another one of the MYP will be joining the 'tinsel teeth club'.  We have the most hilarious orthodontist.  I'm not sure what it is, but every time I go in for a consult with one of our kids, I find myself laughing nearly to the point of snorting.  Not good.  Maybe he thinks it's a way to distract me from thinking how much money it all is.  Nonetheless, he should have been a comedian.  But maybe orthodontists make more cash.

I noticed a new country that has lurked lately.  Iceland!  What a location!  Whoever you are, I'd love to come visit some day.  That country has always fascinated me.  On a side note, it is very evident that all the SAHM's are more busy once school is out.  Readership declines for sure during the summer.  I know it sure changes the way I operate.  We have a couple weeks left and I'm savoring the silence.

A lovely couple nearby just welcomed a baby boy.  All babies joining families are a joyous occasion.  But this one is sweeter and deeper because they faced a terrible loss a year ago.  Because of our own experience, when I hear of a situation like this, or a little one being adopted, it gives me pause and thankfulness in a richer way.  It is so nice to rejoice with those that rejoice.  And it is also needful to weep when others are weeping.

Now back to see how the tile dried off...



4 comments:

  1. We also are excited to hear the news of the new arrival. Hope for the best for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we had a flood here too..dw leak..all night. wasn't pretty.

    anyway, our ortho should have been a model. i think she might be pregant..can't wait to go back and see if our observations might be right...funny how bumps show up easier on model thin people!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Iceland was truly amazing!

    You are very observant to catch a lurker from Iceland.

    If you ever go, be sure spend at least seven to ten days touring the island.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ufff- What a nightmare! I'll bet that plant is nice and soaked. :)
    And flower gardens are great... but I like veggie ones, too!!

    ReplyDelete