Friday, May 11, 2012

My day as a mother...

In honor of the coming Mother's Day, I will let you come peek at the things that I did today as a wife/mother.

Today I was ironing the Chairman's shirts.  Every last one of them had stripes.  I wonder if he subliminally feels imprisoned in his life?  Probably not.  It just happens that he picked the stripes theme for this week.  Or not.  

So where do you fold clothes?  I do it here:

Yep.  Right on the living room floor.  It usually is vacuumed, so it isn't dirty.  And I can lay out five piles for each family member.  The MYP are all responsible for taking them up and putting them away in their rooms.  That way the mother isn't told that she hid them somewhere.

I wrote a couple notes and walked them to the mailbox.  It really makes the heart feel happy to do that.  And I love to receive them.

I made some bread and cinnamon rolls:

Oh!  And lets not forget the pizza!
Daughter #1 informed me last night that she needed a homemade pizza (even the crust) for her Social Studies class.  I'm thinking Mr. Bachelor Social Studies teacher just wanted a nice snack to celebrate Friday.  But I'm delivering it within a couple moments from now.

And I am playing my slightly older sister this:
When I win, it is clearly because I'm better.  When I lose, it is only because I set her up to win.  Or so I like to believe.

Oh!  And lest we forget, I am also taking these for my Lyme:
I could take another picture of my bull's eye, but you might start thinking I'm weirder than I am if I keep showing body parts on a family-friendly blog.

And yes, there's Lisi.  I scratched her in all the right places, took a big hike and let her swim for sticks, and let her come in for a nap.


Last night, one of the MYP was clearly not interested in listening to me.  After repeated attempts to get her to put something away, I yelled across the room, 'if you don't get going, I'm going to have to punish you!'.  She said, 'you're going to punch me?  I didn't know you were that kind of mother!'.  No sweetheart, I'm not.  But you better get your little body moving...

So there you have it.  Part of my day today doing what I do as the Chairman's Wife.  A splendid life indeed.

And to all you wonderful mothers out there or dear ladies that are like mothers to many... and also to my own mother and mother-in-law,
"HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!"

3 comments:

  1. And Happy Mother's Day to you, too! Hope you have a wonderful day. I'll be spending mine in a most unusual way, driving our 35' RV to the convention grounds by myself b/c hubby is still busy working down in soCal! We're taking the 2nd Mtn. Ranch convention, but loaning the RV to some friends for #1, so it needs to be there roughly a week before hubby thinks he'll be home. Ah, me... life is seldom dull :) Oh, and some friends are going along on Sunday to bring me back home... thank goodness for friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO YOU! YOU SOUND LIKE A WONDERFUL ONE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mothers day! I really do so enjoy the reads here!

    ReplyDelete