Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Dog-gone it...

I'm not happy.  I have heard that blogs are the place to write down your deepest feelings or share about how your life is going.  Well this is Lisi, and life stinks.

You may have heard that there is someone new at our house.  The Big Lady that yells but loves me anyway hasn't been the same.  Instead of looking at me with dreamy eyes and thinking that the sun rises and sets in me, she is treating me as a mere distraction.  Honestly!  The nice Big Guy still takes me for my evening walk with him, but he's all silly and leans over this tiny little package of cat and acts like it is the cat's meow if you know what I mean.

This cat's name is Simba.  How do I know this?  Well Big Lady has been very, very annoying.  Each and every time I try to even get close to that little two pound ball of fleas, she says, 'Nice Simba.  Leave it!  Niiiiice Simba.  Simba is a good boy.  Aren't you Simba?'.  Well listen Big Lady, how do you know Simba is nice?  I have a hunch he's going to do some very dreadful things in the very near future and he won't look so "nice".  I sure hope so anyway.

And then there is Simba himself.  He's about the weight of my biggest toenail.  He has the nerve to think that this is his place now.  He has arched his back, swatted at my nose, and even growls a bit.  It honestly scares me just a little because I heard cats are ruthless.  Every time he does that, I back away.  If I wasn't a super-gentle golden retriever, I'd probably kill him with one chomp.  But I don't even think that way.  So I cower away and let him drink out of my water dish.  Insult me with growling noises.  And take up most of the time of the Big and many young people around here.  At least he has to stay in the screen porch and I get to sleep on my bed off the kitchen as usual.


Even though it all stinks a lot right now literally (have you ever seen a litter box?) and figuratively, I have a thought that maybe this little fur-ball will grow up to like me.  I've tried to do my best in being kind.  I'm sharing my world and my things and even my people.  So maybe, just maybe, he will remember my kindness and lay by me and purr some day.  But then again, he's a cat. And they are just not as classy as we dogs are.


I think Big Lady might even take me on a great, long hike today.  So I better stop venting.  I know you all love me to pieces, so maybe some sympathy thrown my way might be merited.

Thanks for listening.  Hopefully, life won't stink so bad in the future.

4 comments:

  1. simba is cute! :) you make me want one. i don't think hoonah would ever allow it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha - - In the 1st picture, Lisi looks so "unimpressed" - - like she knows that Simba is stealing the attention in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm guessing you will be good friends before too long! (Life is easier that way!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How are you doing now, Lisi? Hanging in there? ;) Don't worry- I'm sure all your niceness will pay off in the end! ;)

    ReplyDelete