Friday, June 15, 2012

Peeking out from under...

... a swollen eyelid.  That's how dedicated to blogging I am!  Or not.  It isn't giving me problems really.  But it looks nasty and the Chairman's startled reaction this morning was at comical proportions.

So what's wrong?  I have no clue.  It has been itching and hurting mildly for months now (even pre-kitten for all you allergist people out there).  Two days ago it decided to get serious and swell up to make sure I know he means business.  I Googled everything I could.  I can't figure out what is wrong.  I'm going in to see what the lady in the white coat thinks (against every fabric in my being).  I like to self-medicate if at all possible.

Speaking of fabric.  Yes, I wear a blue robe in the morning in case you are wondering by all the pictures lately.

So do you know about orchids?
A daughter spotted this yesterday at a store and it was under $10, so I bought it.  I've never had one.  The instructions say 3 ice cubes once/week is perfect care.  Do they last?

I am missing son #1 a lot now.  He's been gone one week as of tonight.  The Chicken Farmers haven't reported in and I know their MOA is no news is good news.  So I'm assuming good, right?  Son #1's sweet brown eyes will be appearing back home tomorrow night.  I sure hope so because I miss him!

The kitten is getting adventurous.  He discovered that our fully covered deck is accessible to him and him alone.  So he has crawled under there and comes out awhile later with a little kitten head full of cobwebs and debris.

This was my date at the Costco snack bar yesterday.
Her sister was along too, but I didn't take a picture of her.  I like phones with cameras!  I also like very inexpensive pizza and churros at Costco!

I was so very happy to see the flag of Poland appear on my feeder yesterday!  I knew they had made it safely that far in the journey!

Now back to trying not to itch my very, very itchy eye.  Happy weekend!  We will be having actually a lot of people here on Sunday.  Hopefully I don't have double-vision by then.

5 comments:

  1. Uh-oh...looks very uncomfortable. Let us know what the expert thought. Sometimes an ointment can work magic. Hoping so for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOur poor eye! I am not one to rush to a Dr. either, but after this last spring, I am more apt to give in a little bit quicker. Hope it's not to serious!

    As for Costco, and cheap lunches...best thing I do when I run errands(with kids) is to plan a Costco(Sams) stop right about lunch time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since it's your eye, I'd give in! The Dr. might not know what it is either but at least you'll get something to treat it. Never been to Costco. We live in the small Jville you know. Orchid? Killed mine so don't ask me! Cute kitten! Poor Lisi. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. EYE, EYE, EYE or I,I, Iiiiiii! Your eye! Ouch! Please go to the Dr. or a fine Nurse Practitioner you may know of!!

    Orchids are easy! Just don't over water them. Do the 3 ice cubes a week, and if you plan to keep having them then you could buy orchid fertilizer. It should stay beautiful for 3 months. The smaller plants won't hold their blooms as long as a big plant!
    Keep it out of direct sunlight!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah yes- the Polish flag. :) Now there should be a little Ukie flag!

    How's the eye? Did you find out what it was all about?

    ReplyDelete