Monday, June 18, 2012

Monday Musings

I'm fully aware that Lisi is much more popular than Monday Musings.  But I must muse or my head will explode.  Or not.

You all are waiting with baited breath.  Is she now blind?  Was it the plague?  Does she ever go to the Dr?  Well, no, no, and yes.  The Dr. was completely baffled.  She thought it was maybe beginning stages of shingles (yeeps).  Or an infection.  Or something only found in Tanzania.  (I just added that for a good measure.)  So she prescribed a couple of medications with so many side effects that you forget what originally was wrong because you are so busy tending an upset stomach and a jittery mind.  See what I mean?
I'm happy our quiver of MYP are back in the nest all together.  I really love witnessing them all getting along so splendidly after a separation.  Makes my heart full of happiness.

We celebrated Father's Day yesterday with one of the father's and several other fathers.  The tables were full.  I love cooking and having others over.  But doing it on a Sunday noon is kind of tricky if you really want to know the truth.  You get things lined up and then leave for a few hours.  Then come back and present dinner on the table within an hour.  It works with judicious planning.  And timed bake!

I could wax on and on about the Chairman and the father he is to our children.  But I won't this year.  Other than to say that I'm extremely fortunate and thankful for his selfless ways, loving heart, and keen interest in our MYP when they were infants, today, and thinking of the future.  I couldn't be the parent I am without his help.
Son MIA yet at this point



I saw two parents yesterday in the lobby of a hospital.  Their newborn just had surgery for a correctable heart defect.  It is mind-numbing scary.  But they are in good hands and the future looks bright for this adorable little baby.  I was touched watching several little ones  pushing their own iv poles down the corridor.  I saw a daddy hugging his little girl in her hospital gown.  They were sharing a drink.  Father's Day.  In a major hospital.  I think we need to be more thankful for ordinary days with healthy children.

I had to take one of ours along to this visit because at the ripe old age of near 10, she has it in her heart to be an ER nurse.  She even saw a picture of a "nurse" helping a little girl on a poster and it had "MD" on it.  Look mom!  That is me!!!

And finally, a couple more pics because the cuteness factor is so high...
Um... yes, they get along splendidly

This kitten suffers so...


2 comments:

  1. Glad to see kitty is so popular! Happy Monday to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Chairy,
    It is easy to wax on and on about one's love isn't it? and for good reason! :) You look like you make a lovely team and it's always lovely to hop over here and see how you are doing.

    Love,
    Always Waxing in NE

    ReplyDelete