Monday, June 18, 2012

Stinkin...

... to the heavens.

Unfortunately, it is me Lisi again.  And you know if you are hearing from me, something happened that is noteworthy.  At least to me anyway!

Yesterday was really a special day.  There were a lot of people over at our place.  These people were making a fuss over all the men.  And in between all that silliness, I would get pet once in awhile after they got done saying sweet things about the rotten kitten.

After everyone went home and all was quiet, the Big Lady that yells but loves me anyway took me on a walk.  Her walks are nice.  But they are all business and she has a certain route and we don't venture much beyond that.  Right when we got back, the nice Big Guy said he would take me too!  Wow!  Doesn't get much better than that!

I like the Big Guy's walks.  He's more free-spirited than that uptight Big Lady.  We kind of go whichever the wind blows.  We let nature and the sun and the wind guide us.  Sometimes we are gone a couple hours.  Those are the best!

Last night we ended up in this big, grassy field.  I scared up a lot of bunnies and gave chase.  Somehow they always outrun me.  We continued to meander down the field and then.  There.  He.  Was.  We stopped and stared at each other.  Then I just couldn't help myself.  I wanted to go closer.  Big Guy started to scream.  "LISI, FRONT!!  LISI LEAVE IT!!  LISI!!!  NOOOOOO!!!".  I just couldn't help myself.  He was a massive specimen of black and white.  I went up to him.  He wasn't near as happy to see me as I was him.  So he turned around and gave me a spray of something very hideous smelling.  It was horrendous.

I looked around at the Big Guy.  He's no protector!  He was running away at a fast clip from me.  I needed to catch up with him!  I needed to go home!  My eyes were watering and burning.  And the smell.  Oh the smell.

We ran and ran and ran until we got home.  I stayed on the other side of the road most of the time because I could tell Big Guy didn't want me close to him.  It was so bad I didn't even want to be close to myself!  I heard the Big Guy yelling for the Big Lady to get some stuff together to get me cleaned up.  She marches out of the house all serious-looking with a bucket of foamy stuff and proceeds to scrub me down.

Today, I still stink.  Big Lady poured more stuff on me this morning so it isn't so bad.  I wish I could learn from this experience, but I don't think I will.  It's got to be the skunk's fault.  He should let us wander wherever we want, right?



1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, this is too funny the way it's written (and the picture ) but if I had been in any way involved it wouldn't have had a shred of hilarity to it! P-U!

    ReplyDelete