Thursday, June 21, 2012

Reality sometimes bites

During a brief conversation last night, someone mentioned to me that blogs don't tell the real story.  Reality isn't as nice as what we try to portray.  Yes, I may be somewhat guilty.  I'd like to give you the idea that all is sunshine (without rain) and roses (without thorns).  Or not.  So here goes the realities of the past couple days.

The dog stinks.  To the highest of heavens.  Or just 10' away from her.  The skunk won the battle and the victory.  I did a peroxide/baking soda/Dawn bath.  It kinda worked.  But not the best.  If you get down near her face you know something very bad happened recently.  This morning I realized that she got into white paint somewhere.  It is all over her back.  Someone, somewhere isn't very happy to see dog hair in their work.

The kitten.  Such a delightful, sweet, kitten.  That is growing steadily and testing his limits.  He wants to run far and away when we are outdoors now.  I'm afraid he'll be hawk dinner sometime.  He wanted to use the big potted plant as his potty spot yesterday until I whacked him in mid-stream.  (Rocks now cover the dirt.)  He'll bite if you let him.

The picture shows that we didn't get all the laundry put away or house picked up before we had to leave last night.

The birthday!  It was mostly a success.  I think Son #1 got what he was hoping for.  But I didn't make the waffles with blueberry topping and whipping cream like he wanted since the Chairman had left for work already.  We didn't get the birthday cake cut or eaten before we had to rush out the door last night.  The pictures mostly turned out blurry except for this one which has a dreadful reflection in his glasses.  I still think he's a very handsome young man though.

I wanted to get a couple cute pictures of the kids eating their treats last night.  This is what I got:
Only the right arm of the birthday boy

Chicken farmer daughter trying to be difficult for the picture
And the garden!  You hear of people taking their children out to learn life's lessons as they dig through the soil.  Well one of the MYP (I'll leave unnamed) started to pull out my zinnias with gusto.  Then he/she tromped through the carrots.  Pulled a few weeds.  Then said it was way too hot to work in such conditions. 

It wasn't just her.  I started pulling weeds and about 9/10 through a row realized I had pulled up all my baby lettuce coming up.  No wonder all the 'weeds' had such a pretty leaf.  And then there are thistles you grab without a glove on.  Ouch.

And soon we're off for another baseball game for Son #1.  The one the other night ended up being a dreadful loss.  The last two times at bat for the  member of our family resulted in strike-outs.  Yes, we aren't always 3-3 at bat.  But I don't tell you that.  I don't tell you that I was completely bored out of my mind, baking in heat, through the game for some reason.  I couldn't tell you how many times I looked longingly at my phone wishing someone would text me.

Yes my friends.  That was the past couple of days... reality sometimes can bite.  But in light of what life really could be... Life is Good!

p.s.  Don't worry, we'll be back to normal programming next week!  :-)

2 comments:

  1. I blog what I want to remember, feel and what I would scrapbook "IF" I had time. I blog what I may share in a phone conversation....blogging is not airing the dirty laundry but a memory to keep! Your blogging is what makes you have such a following, DO NOT change your style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Chair-y,
    Per your comment on the post I wrote after reading this post: You did NOTHING to bristle me!!! It was the thought process that happened because of the comment made to you about blogging that made my hackles rise. I need a good bristle now and then, it has an exfoliating power for my psyche. :)

    I love your blogging style and appreciate your having become such a kind comment-maker over at my place. It is clear that you love writing and excel at it. Thank you for sharing the words and images from your days... they ARE real.

    Love,
    Really me in NE

    ReplyDelete