Thursday, June 14, 2012

Things are different around here

I'm sure you are all well aware.  Hello again!  This is your friend Lisi!  I know a lot of you read this blog because of me, not because of the Big Lady that yells but loves me anyway.  I'm secretly hoping she loses readers since she keeps writing such nice things about that blasted cat.  We all know that dogs are more loyal.  More sweet.  More trustworthy.  I could go on.  I mean... just look at me!

I think eventually, Big Lady will figure it out too.  But for now, she keeps giggling at the antics of that little fur ball.  She keeps picking him up and snuggling him under her neck.  Why I even saw them napping together out in the screen porch together with that rotten kitten lying on her head.  Imagine!

Cats are tricky and devious and rotten to the core.  They march in and think that anything around them is theirs.  I have proof.

The other day I wanted a rest.  And here is what I found:

In case you were wondering, that is MY bed, not his!  I wanted a drink this morning and guess who beat me to the bowl?  He has his own you know...
 
It's irritating and frustrating.  But I must be handling it right because Big Lady keeps saying in unusually soothing tones how good I am.  I'm glad she feels that way.  Because in my world:

I worship the ground she walks on:

Her lap is the softest:


Her hand the most gentle:

Her walks are the most reliable.  Yes, I am feeling sibling rivalry.  I paw for more attention.  I even do a big "bar-rooo-oo-oo" when I'm frustrated.  But this kitten named Simba is starting to explore outside more and more. 



Eventually, he'll be out hunting in the wild and doing what cats do.  And then I'll have Big Lady and all her devotion left just for me. I cannot wait!

2 comments:

  1. The LEAST the Big Lady could do is let you nap on her head, too. If she really loved you, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain, Lisi...I agree, dogs just ARE better than cats!

    ReplyDelete