Saturday, June 23, 2012

MINOR ADMINISTRATIVE NOTE FROM THE CHAIRMAN


Greetings,

I am aware that this blog has active writing from a dog and semi-active writing from a fish.  With a cat now in the house the temptation to label our residence as a zoo is becoming almost inevitable.  As an aside, I must say that I am impressed with the cat so far.  He is a confident male and apparently the strong silent type.  No need to babble on about his feelings and day to day activities on the World Wide Web. 

The dog, on the other hand, has a wide range of feelings and needs.  Despite consistently showing a lack of good sense, I have now noticed that the dog has a collection of miscellaneous ramblings that are easily accessible on the right side of the blog page.  How does the dog rate?  Why does the dog get this extra visibility?  Actually, I am fine with the handy collection of postings but why does the Chairman not get similar billing? 

There is a practical reason for my concern.  I am losing track of my message number.  After the November 2011 Alert (which fortunately ended well), this next posting should be labeled as a simple message.  I am guessing this post could be labeled as the Sixth Message.  But I’m not sure.  Moreover, to avoid repeating what I have already posted in prior years, I would need to hunt back to a previous post. 

To track back through the months and years to find my previous postings is cumbersome.  The sheer volume of postings by the Publisher is mind numbing.  How does she do this?  Will she ever run out of things to say?  I only have something noteworthy to say every year or so.  Unless evidence is produced that suggests my reasoning is deficient, I am making an open petition to the Publisher to have my writings under a separate easily accessible section.  

This blog has certainly enjoyed a wide range of blog names through the years.  For semi-confidentiality, I am fairly content with the current name.  I appreciate the brief history of the Chairman name near the top right of the page.  Not to pick nits, but my label as very modest, while appreciated, may be slightly exaggerated.  How about the following; He is attempting to be more modest.  …Or something along that line.  Actually I don’t know what to say.  You know, this writing about me business is not as easy as it looks.  Maybe I won’t interfere and will just rely on the Publisher to sum up my life in a couple of sentences. 

If I recall, one of my previous postings addressed this Chairman title issue (I now forget the message number).  Perhaps a reader could be easily directed to the relevant post by having the same web page system for the Chairman that has already been so kindly afforded to the dog.

On to the final issue.  Do we really need to take pictures of our physical ailments and post them?  While not a licensed vet or a doctor, I was struck by the similarity of the droopy eye of the cat and the Publisher.  Over several days, when both would awaken from slumber, they would look at me with one good eye.  I will not speculate as to how the ailments are transmitted or if they are remotely related.  Fortunately, the cat eye and the human eye appear to be on the mend. 

And a heartfelt thanks to the Publisher for washing up the dog after the latest misadventure.  Oh, and thanks to the Publisher for the kind words earlier this week.

All for now,

C


3 comments:

  1. Well, one could call you a witty nit, or, would that then be turned around and your title become nitwit? I agree with you by the way..I think you will find your efficient publisher will soon take your whining into account and provide the needed file system for you..unless, of course, that i'm mistaken as i often can be. You could always start your own blog, but, people tend not to check blogs that only get updated every year or so..just sayin'....You might have pick up the pace a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Chairman,
    This so absolutely cracked me up! I had to come back over here and read it again and comment today. Thanks for sharing your family with us, chairman, and I deff agree, you should have your own post line-up! :)

    Love,
    One of those bloggers in NE

    ReplyDelete