Hi there from your good friend Lisi. I overheard the Big Lady that yells but loves me anyway talking about something sad. You see I had a cousin I had never met. Her name was Mocha. She lived far, far away. I know she was very special because she was a dog. I know she was very special because she was a retriever. And I know she was very special because I would hear about her each and every time her family would come visit mine.
The Big Guy would look at me and say things like, 'Lisi's eyes are dull and not bright like Mocha's'. The Big Lady that was very nice would say things like 'Lisi's fur is soft, but Mocha's is very smooth'. Their big sons would say things kinda insulting like, 'Mocha could run circles around Lisi', or 'Mocha is more loving' or 'Mocha loves walking almost more than Lisi'. She was very special to them. It was obvious.
Mocha was a very lucky dog. She was chosen to be part of a family that loves dogs. I know. The Big People that we live with are kind of silly about making sure we are walked, fed, and played with every day. Some dogs are not so lucky. So even though our time here on earth is short, it is filled to the brim with just daily joys. The best is feeling loved by your own people. Mocha had it that way and more...
Here are some quotes the Big Lady wants me to add:
* Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
* A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
* The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail and not his tongue.
* You can say any foolish thing to a dog and the dog will give you a look that says, 'wow, you're right! I never would've thought of that!
* He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.