Thursday, November 21, 2013

Happiness is...


... a warm puppy.  My aunt gave me that book years ago.

I have a real one now.
please forgive my thinning grayish hair
Happiness is...

special people that come to visit.  So thankful for them and their willingness.


Happiness is...

lots of good friends and an excuse to see them all because one good friend came back to visit from far away.  They all are incredibly good cooks as well!

Happiness is...

having a warm place to sit by on a cold November night.
Happiness is...

things that tickle my funny bone.

Ed note:  I actually like all our relatives.  But it still was funny.
Pickles
this actually does happen but Lisi gets no sofa privileges or put in a crate.  And I sure hope I don't look like Opal.
Happiness is...

thinking something tragic happened and it didn't.  Long story short:  The Chairman had to work overnight at the office downtown in the big city.  The Chairman fell asleep in the wee hours of the morning on a couch.  I tried to contact the Chairman four times this morning and received no answer.  I took a shower thinking the worst.  I'll sure miss him.  I'll have to move.  Relocating the children will be hard.  How in the world will we manage without him!  I love him so much and would love to hear him snore once again.  My love.  Died tragically in the night by some terrible person.  Then the phone rang.  He was ok after all.  The mind is an amazing and crazy thing.  

It's nice to dwell on what happiness is on a dreary, cold November night.  

I hope you're happy too!

2 comments:

  1. I found that Peanuts book on a bookshelf in Wisc Rapids back in the 90's and loved it!!
    Every time I see a pic of a wood stove or fireplace, I imagine what it'd be like to have one here in my room! Ahhhhh!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete