Monday, November 25, 2013

Monday Musings

I just realized it is Monday and I haven't mused!  I should maybe wait until 11:53 some Monday night to post (if I could just stay awake that late).  Then I'd see how valuable I really am not.

Lets see.  Our very own high school football team won the championship game again this year.
 I consider myself partially responsible for their victory since I followed them to Madison to cheer them on.  Or not.  It certainly was fun.  And it was fun being with a group of our friends there as well.  And it was cold.  Very cold.  Did I mention it was chilly sitting there?  I did.  Yes, it was cold.  Brrrr.

Because of circumstances, I ended up spending nearly five hours in a mall on Saturday.  If you know me at all, you would know this clearly takes me out of my comfort zone.  I'm not a shopper.  No sirree.  Daughter #1 could have spent another 3 1/2 days in there without batting an eye.  I finally plopped down on a soft chair in the middle of the hallway with some other distressed men.

I did find some boots!  Isn't that exciting!  They were just the boots I was looking for.  Soft, supple leather.  A beautiful stitching that mimicked a quilt pattern.  The price?  $437.50 on sale!  What a bargain!  If you know me, you know I quietly put those precious boots down and wandered off...  And just so you know, other than a few smaller purchases for our daughters and a birthday purchase for my dad (Happy Birthday to my dad!), that was it!  That's ok.  My black and off-white vest are all I wear in the winter.  Let me rephrase that.  I do wear other things with the vests...  (heh heh)

Thanksgiving!  It's such a wonderful holiday.  It is based solely on thankfulness.  And friends and family.  And gluttony of the belly.  Wow.  What a wonderful holiday indeed.  This one will be celebrated at the Chairman and company.  We anticipate just a few under a hundred.  Or about 40.  It'll be a full house.  Cozy if you will.  I just need to know how early to get up to stick my hands deep in the nether regions of an ill-fated turkey.  


So Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!  Remember...


3 comments:

  1. Hee Hee. Some good musing again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear you wear something with your vest. I would be afraid your....toes might get cold otherwise. And that you might get arrested.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember being in Neimann Marcus, once with 5 teens and pre-teens. Why we went in THAT door of the mall, is a good question. But after looking at a dress obviously made of 50000 sequins all sewn on by hand, considering the price of three thousand dollars, I hustled them right out of there.

    ReplyDelete