Monday, November 18, 2013

Monday Musings - POST # 1000!!!

Who'd a thunk?  Six years and five months later, I'm still chatting along on this even though it began with just an experiment to see if I knew how to post on Blogger.  Six years and five months... I took a peek back to see what has happened over the past years.

* I started out blogging using our names and had a different title.  I switched some years ago because it made me more comfortable on the web.  Plus I didn't want our family to get too famous.  (snicker)

* I have blogged for over half the life of our youngest.  Sometimes I wonder if that is a good or bad thing, but the good outweighs the bad in my mind.  As long as I keep the boundaries firm and only write what they allow.  If I continue for another six years and five months... well lets not go there or I'll need to get a tissue.

* We moved to a different side of town and I was able to journal the changes we made to our new home and the feeling we had in the transition.

* We lost our dog Lincoln and in our sadness found a puppy within a month.  Little did I know that she wanted to be a writer too.  A cat joined the party as well and he thinks he's boss.

* I have had the opportunity to write little tributes/memories of some we have lost over the years.  It was a balm to my wounds.  There have been weddings, births, sickness in those we love.

* We have stayed relatively healthy through the years.  However, I have experienced a rotten kidney stone and a torn rotator cuff.  We have also had a broken arm, a chin blown wide-open, and most recently a trip to the ER with a child that wouldn't move his limbs.

* When this blog started there was no thing called Facebook or Instagram.

* I have made some wonderful cyber-friends through blogging.  I hope some day to meet you.

* I actually wish I were a better blogger.  I look at the Pioneer Woman and her incredibly beautiful pictures, delicious food and witty writing with envy.  I think my head would get too big with the popularity.

* I didn't realize the Chairman would actually write on here.  Even though it makes me nervous, it makes my heart swell with love for him when I see he's posted.

Yes, we have gone through lots of changes.  But really life has stayed the same.  The Chairman and I are still a team.  The MYP are growing and maturing before our eyes, yet inside they are still them.  We have gone to the same place each Sunday for now-19 years.  We are blessed with good families on both sides and have a wide circle of friends that all offer unique and wonderful ways of sharing life and caring for us.

What is the future of the Chairman and company?  I honestly don't know.  Sometimes I think the weekly updates are almost too much for you or I.  Then Monday rolls around and I can't wait for our one-sided conversation again.

I guess my goal is this.  As long as I am blogging I hope I can bring you something to make you laugh.  Or to encourage you.  Or to make you feel more thankful.  Yes, there are moments of sadness, anger, and disappointments that I don't blog about, but that isn't edifying for you or for me.  Yes, life is challenging but the good always outweighs the bad.

'Fair are the prospects all ahead...' 

Here's to another 10 or 100 or 1000 posts.  

8 comments:

  1. As long as you keep posting, I will keep reading!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your 1000th post! I enjoy reading your posts and this recap is no exception. Looking back over our blog posts is often what inspires us to keep at it! So, hopefully you're inspired 'cuz I'm looking forward to following along for another 10, 100 or 1000 posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I rarely comment but I always read your post. Congrats on reaching 1000, few people live to that number! ☺ I gave up on the updates to my blog and regret it. Who knows, some day I might start again. It's a small world... I see your niece at the yearly special gathering in W KY and think "Oh, there is Linda's niece", but I haven't even met you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to add my Congratulations on reaching the 1000th post and to tell you that I think you do a great job sharing your insight and your life in your writings. I look forward to and enjoy reading your posts regularly. Wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still hope you are writing until the next 1000th post! I have so enjoyed getting to know you through your blog, and look forward to the day we meet in person! Keep on a bloggin'!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep blogging...I will keep reading and randomly commenting. Yes, "Fair are the Prospects all Ahead" and I am thankful, because if it weren't for the common faith we share...can you even imagine how dark life would feel?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love musings, because I like best the glimpses of real life. I wish I was a better blogger at times, too, but I try to keep in mind the purpose of mine, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 'No facebook'- wow- And I feel like I've had f/b half my life! Just checked and I joined f/b Oct 13, 2007. So that's a tad over 6 years ago. I must be younger than I thought. Ha! ;)
    I like this blog better than PW's- I quit following hers awhile ago but I'm still here! :)
    I'm glad you're still going. You've been consistent and fresh and funny and sweet. :)
    Happy 1000th post...a month late!

    ReplyDelete