Monday, November 4, 2013

Monday Musings

Well happy Monday to you!  Did we all like the time change?  For some reason, this 'falling back' almost makes me more tired since my eyelids pop open at 5 am instead of 6.  I vividly remember the time change when we had little ones.  Simply said:  brutal.  Those little people don't understand that they are supposed to sleep longer in the morning and not demand lunch at 10:59 am.

And what a fall it has been!  This has been the longest lasting fall season I can remember.  Vibrant leaves that refused to fall (pun intended).  However, I think those days are over.  I'm hoping for a very brisk wind today so our leaves blow over into the neighbor's yard.  I'd like to sit and sip tea and watch him rake. 

I killed a squirrel and I'm very sorry.  He was heading across the road in front of me on Saturday.  Paused and considered something on the road when I thought he had safely passed my tire.  A bump.  A look in my rear view mirror confirmed my fears.  Ick.

Yesterday I saw our newest little relative at the ripe old age of four days old.  Even though he was past 8 lbs. at birth, he looked so incredibly tiny and perfect.  You really forget how little newborns are.  

Tomorrow marks 19 years since we said 'I do' in Stillwater, Minnesota.  Don't we look vibrant and young and happy?  
Well now we aren't quite so vibrant and young, but speaking on behalf of the Chairman and myself, I would say we are still quite happy.  In fact, I'd do it all over again in a half-of-a-heartbeat.  We had no idea what the years might bring.  We've had good, bad, happy, sad, scary, exciting... and a lot in between.  But we have faced it all together and that's what makes life so wonderful.

A lot changes in 19 years.  There was no internet that people surfed.  There was no e-mail.  No cell phones (at least for us).  No digital cameras to take a bazillion photos with.  No Facebook status updates or Tweets or Instagram shots or blog entries (!).   Life was very different.  And sometimes I miss the 'good old days'.

And just in case you were interested, the Salvation Army bells are ringing already...

I'm wondering if women should join in on the 'no-shave November' thing.  Would save time in the shower.

I think I'm mused out.  I hope you have a marvelous Monday.

3 comments:

  1. Sign me up!!! For no-shave November that is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too like the no-shave November idea for women. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on 19 years! No shave for me, too!

    ReplyDelete