Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Where's the loyalty?

Have you ever met a guy like this?  He's all nice to you one day then starts talking behind your back and says stuff you don't like?  One of our best traits is loyalty and we expect it from others.

Hello!  This is your good friend Lisi again!  There was a guy that came back yesterday that had come a few years ago and dug holes all over our yard and didn't get in trouble for it.  In fact, the Big Guy and the Big Lady that yells but loves me anyway smiled and said nice things to him.  Even more, I think they even gave him snacks and treats once or twice.  He was putting in these things that shoot water all over the yard so it stays green.

When he worked here a couple years ago he was so nice to me.  He'd give me nibbles at the lunch break.  He would get down on his knees to really pet me.  He'd even hold my hand.


So yesterday he came with a machine that makes a lot of noise and sprays water all over.  He seemed very glad to see me again.  He even called me "Lisi" and not "Lacey" like a lot of people do.  Sheesh!  

He came in the house to turn off a pipe and stopped right in front of me on my bed.  Then he said the words of a traitor.  "Your dog is clearly spoiled."  The Big Lady that yells but loves me anyway said back to him (bless her heart), 'yeah, but this life is all she gets, so might as well make it nice'.  
I hope the next time Former Nice Guy comes, he just stays outside and minds his own business.  I'm guessing his Sealy Posturepedic isn't too shabby either....  If you're gonna be my friend, be my friend.  If you're going to imply I'm not worth pampering, well just go on home.  We dogs are all about loyalty.  

2 comments:

  1. Lisi,
    You are so loved there and even Simba loves you...... so don't forget that. Don't let the remarks of people, just passing through, get you down......... you know your best friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lisi- Maybe he meant that in a really positive way...somehow... you know like: Wow, this is a well-loved dog! ;)

    ReplyDelete