Thursday, November 14, 2013

Just because it is post #999

This is post #999.  Because this blog has morphed into Monday Musings being the crux of the matter, I thought it was only fitting that post #1000 be on Monday.  Hence a need for a 'filler post'.  So here goes nothing!

Am I one of the weird ones?  I like the shorter days we are having.  The provide long evenings.  Together time.  Cozy feelings.  Sipping tea with one of the MYP....

We have a budding artist here.  He begged for paints and canvas for some time.  I waited thinking it might be a passing thought.  He asked again.  So we got some supplies and in two hours he created this for me.  I try not to brag about the MYP because yours are as wonderful as ours.  I just can't help it this time.  Sorry.


I've been a Mrs. Nosy Neighbor watching the workmen across the street framing the house.  Yesterday they had a nearly 2-hour lunch and then returned to sit in their truck for awhile.  Granted it was windy and cold.  But I want to see progress.  They are making up for it today as I see them feverishly working like busy bees.

I like to think I'm cheap frugal.  Our waffle maker had an early death because I may or may not have gotten water into the internal workings while cleaning it too enthusiastically the last time we used it.  I found a replacement at a brag price.  But the waffles were nothing to brag about with the exact same recipe.  The Chairman was being polite but was not at all impressed.  The utterly cheap waffle maker went back to the store and I re-purchased our reasonably priced unit online.  It came and I made waffles this morning and everyone is happy again.  At least about the waffles.

We used to have this magnet on the fridge:
It will prove true in the next couple of weeks.  I calculated that approximately 60-70 people will cross over our welcome mat in that time.  Isn't that wonderful?  Or should I re-state it this way:  "aren't potlucks wonderful?"  

If I hear one of the MYP ask one more time, 'why can't we start skiing yet?', I might stuff their ski gloves in their mouths.  It's hard to wait for something you really enjoy.  

Well back to the business at hand.  Have a great weekend!  Ours promises to be as well.

4 comments:

  1. Wow!! 1,000!! A MYP of yours is talented in several ways! Glad we can be 2 of the many that step across your threshold yet this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also thankful that I am one of the lucky ones that will cross your threshold soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell him he did a great picture!!! Oh that's right..... you already did! No really, I like it, its very nice....... encourage more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't buy new waffle makers. I go to a junk shop and buy them there for just a few dollars. People don't use them and they are still good, and I like the way things were made a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete