Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Wednesday Words

I can't help myself.  I have words and it is Wednesday.  If you haven't guessed, I should be busy.  And honestly, I am.  But not too busy to not pen type a line or two.

Getting ready to go somewhere is daunting.  There are laundry baskets that need to be completely emptied so there can be clean duds to go.  I intensely dislike unfinished business at home when I leave.  I like the laundry done.  The dishes clean and the house completely tidy so I can go off and enjoy myself.  I'm a bit OCD like that.  The newspapers and mail must be stopped.  Plants watered.  Bills paid.  

resting on my doggie jammies this morning :-)
For me the biggest deal is leaving furry friends behind.  I was wondering the other night while not sleeping why I fret over leaving these golden-haired animals we live with.  Probably simply because I love them.  And because they are almost always nearby.  I think that's why going away on trips is kind of bizarre.  It's like leaving a kid behind.  Since we have in-house care again this time, I'm completely confident all will be well. 

We've had a major discussion about arrangements that seems to not quite end.  Two adults.  Three young people.  Two rooms.  Two tend to be early risers.  Two males, three females.  How in the world do you split up the sleeping situation?  We want everyone comfortable and a decision made without anyone unhappy.  Hmmmm.

Today one of my sisters is having a birthday.  And you are thinking, 'wait a minute!  She only has one sister!'.  Well this is a sister-in-law that feels like a sister.  She's been the flair to our family.  She was a tender mother to three adorable little baby boys.  She's now a mother of nearly all grown-men that have turned out to be wonderful guys.  She's loved my brother for many years (I still don't know what she sees in him... j/k!).  And she's been my friend and stood by my side when I vowed to be Mrs. Chairman.  Happy birthday to you sweet Jane!

I saw a flock of at least 50 robins on my walk yesterday  I think they want to keep going north but they heard the worms are still buried deep in snow up there.  

Ok.  Time to get down to business and get something accomplished.  I hope the next Monday still has meaning to you without a Musing....  I am completely confident there will be more than one humorous situation to share with you all on our return.  With our family, it's pretty much a guarantee...

2 comments: