Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Warmish Wednesday Words

Ahhhh.  It's a flip-floppy kind of day!  I actually cracked out my favorite black Nike ones for some errands this morning.  My toes were in complete shock to be taken outdoors uncovered.  They looked pale-white in fact.  I often wonder why I buy many short-sleeve shirts?

Today I had a massage.  In fact, it was my last one in a very, very long time.  You see I've had a membership for nearly six years.  With tighter budgets and cutting unnecessary things, this was something that had to go.  Hard to take in that I've had over 60 of them.  That seems so excessive.  And blissful...  Goodbye "Nicole".  I'll miss you!  And so will my knots.

I never knew what a minority I was!  I noticed in the paper that the percentage of stay-at-home-moms has risen!  To... 29%!  I had no idea.  

Speaking of parenting.  Yesterday wasn't the best day in the parenting books to be honest.  And at bedtime one of the MYP was sitting nearby and asked, 'is being a parent fun?'.  I wanted to say quickly 'actually today it kinda stinks and I'd like to throw in the towel'.  But what I did say was that it can be fun, but it also is rewarding and challenging and scary and then there are times when you think the buttons will just pop off your chest in moments of pride and joy.  Sure, throw in the word fun.  Because some days it is. 

I'm so very excited!  A transfer of goods is happening today on my behalf!  Wheat berries!  Glorious, wonderful, free-of-bad-stuff wheat.  Hard and soft red wheat begging to be ground and then shaped and molded into cookies and muffins and bread and soft dinner rolls and pizza crusts.  It must be considered my hobby since it is one of the activities that I do that I can't wait to do again.  I will meet my parents soon to unload the 125 lbs. of goodness.

Mr. Tiger Tom (aka Simba) is celebrating his 2nd birthday on Saturday.  Cans of tuna could be delivered to... oh never mind.  He gets whatever he wants.  Especially mice and voles and other unlucky rodents that cross his path in the dead of night.

Speaking of birthdays... mine is coming up shortly.  My dear family loves to make a fuss over my birthday but I rarely have any suggestions for gifts.  What should I ask for?  I continually ask for well-behaved MYP and I receive back a sigh and an eye-roll.  That must be too hard to find.  

Time to get out and enjoy some of this sunshine!  It always makes everything better!

3 comments:

  1. I know! .... ask for a massage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could "like" the previous comment. Maybe they could bake a cake and clean up the kitchen afterwards. If that is too hard...bedding plants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto liking the first comment!!

    ReplyDelete