Thursday, April 3, 2014

Thriving Thursday Thoughts

Thriving.  Such a nice word.  Flourishing!  Prosperous!  I hope I'm that way in a deeper sense.  This week is one of those 'special' weeks that many of you know about.  Not only do we get our own privilege, but I have been included on two other visits.  Apparently the word is out that I need extra-special help.  And that's ok by me!  I'm so glad to be around people that cause me to want to be better than I am.

Well in a very normal-living way, I've been busy at least!  By 9:15 this morning I have five loaves of fresh bread out of the oven and a batch of granola made.  Also made a couple school lunches and homemade whole wheat pancakes for breakfast.  Whew.  I should go take a nap.


Speaking of lunches and morning.  Daughter #1 was adamant that I didn't need to get up to see her off this morning.  "Please mom, don't bother.  I like being alone anyway."  I think I'm on to something.  She's just plain sick of turkey sandwiches.  Because somehow her lunch didn't make it to school this morning.  

Saw a personalized license plate yesterday on a car that raced past me at break-neck speed.  It said:  "SINNER".  Well yes, especially if you speed like that too.

I got all the bushes trimmed and cleaned up the flower beds the other day.  I may or may not have chosen that day because the forecast was for gale-force winds and I knew that my trimmings would be somewhere near Lake Michigan by the time the wind stopped.  I was happy to see this in the garden.  So will Simba.  His catnip is the first thing I spot coming up! He deserves it as he's become the mighty night hunter and is offering up various rodents once again each morning.
Well there are several more items to make in the kitchen before I head out for some more provisions.  Then four volleyball matches between two children and two schools will make for a busy afternoon.  Happy rest of the week.  I know mine will be very special...

3 comments:

  1. They don't call them special mtg. for nuttin', do they!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel free to overnight some bread to OK if you're not sure it'll all be eaten before it's time to make more.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being with people who make you want to be better- We have some lovely privileges along that line.
    What a strange choice for a license plate.
    Does catnip kill off 'dead mouse last night' breath???

    ReplyDelete