Sunday, April 27, 2014

Sunday Summary

A bonus to you peeps!  I will be Musing tomorrow, but think I'll preface it tonight so my Musing doesn't get so long that it becomes not aMusing.

I will keep the summary somewhat brief for a couple major reasons.  1) the people most interested in the vacation were the people actually on the vacation.  The others?  Not so much.  They ask politely how your time was when you were gone, but they want to hear the condensed version of the condensed version.  After that, eyes glass over.  Reason #2) one of my basic principles here on the Chairman and Co. is that I never-ever want anything to come across as bragging.  Ever.  I highly resist sharing certain aspects of our life, because the most interesting topics are not about opportunities or acquisitions.  They are about the the realities of life - harsh and beautiful.  And so having an opportunity to be in a warm place in the midst of a very chilly spring was wonderful.  But that doesn't make me eager to shout from the rooftops about it.

Anyway, I digress.

We flew to Florida a week ago and spent the night.  Then drove a car to Port Canaveral and got on the Enchantment of the Seas (Royal Caribbean) for a M-F cruise to the Bahamas.  It was smooth sailing.  Picture perfect.  Wonderful temperatures.  And a nice family bonding.  The Chairman and I had a room and next door were the MYP.  Except for one fracas one night, they seemed to survive sharing a room together without self-destructing.

After a couple stops at pristine beaches, snorkeling, sitting on the balcony, and eating a bit too much (urp!), we disembarked and hopped into our rental car for the long and arduous journey back to dairyland.  This included one near-two hour delay in the hills of Kentucky due to road construction.  Fourteen-hundred miles we made it safely to the Chairman's Chalet and were greeted by two very happy golden pets that purred simultaneously (yes, Lisi does a weird happy growl-purr thing when she's emotional or wants a treat).  However I might add I think they did not suffer one bit with three exceptional caregivers here for the time we were away.

So tomorrow I might share a few bullet points or a story or two about our time.  As I said, it'll be brief and back to the normal business at hand here at Chairman and Co.  But before I do, here are a few pictures that make me smile.

all aboard!

neat bungee jumping thing (T on left, M on right)

one of the beaches

a couple YP I saw in Nassau

yes, these ships are incredibly large

on our way for a snorkel excursion

ahhh the view in the morning

nearly 20 years and he's still the one

Sunsets are nice too.  I marveled at the color change in water due to the shift in sunlight.  If you want to think about that deeper, you are welcome to.

sleeping beauties on the long trip home

on my lap right now...  he's been so loving it is almost pesty
See ya tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. Oh the joys of getting away...far away! Looks like a splendid time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See in spite of wanting to appear indifferent and aloof and self-sufficient, cats have the same fears dogs and humans have (maybe)- they just want a little TLC... I'll bet he thought you'd left him for good! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. To much bragging about travels....hmmm....this sounds like someone I know.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete