Monday, April 7, 2014

Monday Musings

And a good Monday morning to you!  After having some very special and slightly overwhelming days last week, it feels actually nice to have the cat sleeping next to me and the quietness of the house back again.  However, it was so very special.  All of it.  This was one of the 'bonus' visits at my parents.
This was in our own home:
Displaying photo.JPG
This one makes my heart melt.  If you know her, you know why.
Displaying photo.JPG
Yes, the special day.  Always brings out emotions and a camera.  The MYP don't understand how much I enjoy knowing I'll have a picture from each year.  They aren't perfect photos, but they are our babies growing.  Here is 2001.  Nearly a year of parenting under our belt and they are smiling.  Must be going ok.  I remember trying to have them both side by side on a sofa and son #1 kept pushing daughter #1 away.  He wanted his own gig.
Two years later we have another gift of a child on the special day.  Be still my heart.

And now today.  Well, actually, yesterday.

This just cracks me up.  You see for the very first time, son #1 was MIA.  He was off shooting things at the chicken farm and they brought him to the special day.  However, he had forgotten his shoes, so we at least had that.  Heh heh.  I wonder if he chose to be gone because he didn't want to have another annual picture taken.  Surely not!

Then we were invited to spend time with a very full house of Italian relation eating spaghetti and homemade ravioli.  This little sweetie pie was there.  This is one of the few babies I would just love to bring home with me.  He's kinda like the 'golden retriever' of babies.  Every day seems to be the best one yet.  And he's Adorable with a capital "A".
Then there is this picture that was taken in the morning by daughter #1 with my phone.
I asked her to do it since our last decent picture of us two was nearly a year ago.  Since I'm not into false advertising, I decided to update my FB profile shot.  I need to be sure everyone knows that my golden locks are graying by the day, a new wrinkle has appeared, and quite possibly the start of an extra chin.  But I hesitated to do it.  Why?  Because if you update your picture it kinda appears like you want people to look at you.  You are begging for comments and 'likes'.  I'm not.  But when I woke up this morning after posting it last night I had (as I type this) 62 'likes' and 14 comments.  Sweet and appreciated, but so very unnecessary.

I read recently that the most successful marriages are not 'on-line'.  I tend to agree.  I very infrequently say much about the Chairman because, well, I don't think I need to.  But I will just say this today because of the picture.  I'm incredibly thankful for nearly 20 years of being Mrs. Chairman.  And that's all I need to say.  

Happy Monday to you and yours!  

1 comment: