Monday, June 16, 2014

Monday Musings

Summertime, summertime, sum-sum-summertime!  It's officially our break!  

I would have almost paid money (if we hadn't used it all for the vet bill) to let you peer into our life the moment school was let out of school.  There was a strong disagreement between two of the MYP on how something was handled and the first 10 minutes of summer break was met with wild accusations and tears from both parties.  After discussion and negotiation and time passing, it all resolved itself.  I remember hearing myself say in the din of noise, 'well this sure is a pleasant way to start your break!'.  I don't think anyone heard me.

I decided while at the emergency vet hospital on Saturday that in my next life I'd like to become a veterinary assistant.  Or maybe I'll go back to school next year.  Or not.  But it sure is fun to think about. 

Last night I wanted to help Lisi write her post and chased the MYP all outside to get off electronics and enjoy the summer night.  Then I sat inside on my electronics on a nice summer night.  Examples are the best way of teaching.  Apparently, I failed last night.

So we enjoyed Father's Day! 
son wasn't ready yet
here's all three!

we were going to have a couples picture but someone kept trying to get in the photo and the Chairman is telling her to move along...
I will have pictures of our two dad's but not until tonight as we didn't celebrate the day with them.  However, it happens to be a birthday of one of the dad's today, so it works out swell anyway!

(Daughter sniffing my jacket), 'This smells like dog vomit.  It smells sour.  I kinda like it because it smells good on you.'  Thanks!  Maybe I should bottle and sell it. 

Happy Monday!  I have bread and granola and a pie to make.  And birthday supper.  And a garden to weed.  Laundry to do.  A service man to greet and two camps to drive to.  Some MYP to motivate on their jobs.  Better get at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment