Thursday, June 19, 2014

Thursday Thoughts

 I'm trying to clean up malware off the computer.  Then I got lonely for blogging so hopped on here.  Will see what develops.

I'm sure you all are wondering about Lisi.  Well she's doing splendid.  There still isn't anything super conclusive.  However our 'normal' vet called two days after our incident and she asked a strange question.  'Did you pull a tick off of her since you got home?'.  Yes.  Well there's something called 'tick paralysis' in dogs that is happening around the country.  She described the symptoms.  I told her what I had observed.  It's very possible that could have been the culprit.  Please remind me, what good are ticks anyway?  Keeping us on guard if we feel that tell-tale movement feeling crawling up our leg in bed?

Summertime!  I must admit something.  I've really enjoyed having the MYP around all the live-long day.  I won't pretend it is all peaches and cream, but it has been very nice.  They have been very helpful with chores.  They've been funny.  They've called me on the carpet on some things I've misspoken about.  And I can tell they are growing before my eyes.  Literally and figuratively.

You see a week ago I was relishing in peace and quiet all the live-long day.  This past week has been the front doorbell ringing every couple hours.  A yard full of MYP (we seem to be ground 0 for neighborhood entertainment).  Some of them wind up in the house.  I must say there are two neighbor boys - 14 and 17 that are relocating to Dubai as they will be living with their father now since 'mom is nuts'.  I had a very long conversation with them.  Nice young almost-men.  They wanted an ear to talk.  I listened.  Sad indeed.

Oh!  And not to mention in the next three weeks all the family members here are having birthdays with the exception of me.  Son #1 turns 14 tomorrow.  I've waxed on and on about him recently and don't want to say more to give him a big head.  However, he's been a gem.  We are celebrating with lots of cake and two parties!  They happen to be at a wedding tomorrow and a large graduation party for four wonderful grads in our city on Saturday.  Heh heh.

So a full weekend planned and hopefully next week if the rains ever stop I need to do a massive strawberry picking/cleaning/hulling/freezing day.  If you wonder what to do next week, come on over!

Will peek at my camera roll and see what to post.
Excuse my obnoxious smile.  This was after an early walk this morning.  I'm glad she feels better.
Celebrating Dad D's birthday and belated Father's Day

Celebrating belated Father's Day
It's been nearly a year since my mom faced cancer diagnosis #3.  She just had a checkup this week and it was 'all clear'.  We always give thanks for good news.'

I like it when I don't have to try and improve...
Happy weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Glad your mom is in the "all clear" mode.

    ReplyDelete