Monday, June 23, 2014

Monday Musings

Time to Muse.  Or amuse.  I was realizing just recently that the blog has been lackluster in the humor department.  I won't force it.  Maybe my funny bone has crumbled.  I'll try to up the laughs at some point.  Not sure if it'll be today or not.

We had a super-nice weekend.  It started out by celebrating son #1 turning 14.  No, he didn't want a waffle birthday cake.  It's just that we had a wedding to attend the evening of his birthday and a graduation the next day which equated to five cakes in two days.
We then witnessed the marriage and enjoyed the reception as guests of these two.  Glad they will be living nearby!
There were many unique elements to this wedding.  The groom is a golfer.  Not your normal shank-it-to-the-trees golfer that goes out once/year.  Instead of tossing the garter, he blasted a golf ball at his single friends.  Well not really, he chipped a ping pong ball.  I'm still not sure who caught it.  The guy must have quickly stuck it in his pants pocket.  
Then the next day after we paid the lawnmower repair guy a couple large bills to fix the issues as a result of mowing over some rocks, we headed to our annual graduation picnic for our field.  I may be biased, but these four young adults are not only lights in this world, they are gems in the earth.  It has been a delight to actually remember the day they were born (two of them on the same day!) to grow into wonderful adults.
With the exception of just a couple, all of these are in our area.  I see hope of the future! 

I saw this online yesterday.  Since the names we chose for the girls are somewhat unique, I used to hear loud complaints about this:


All winter we hear about the 'feels like' temp.  People like bragging rights to the 'feels like' temp being -47 or something.  Well the other day I was out walking and it felt really, really hot even though it wasn't.  I opened up Accuweather on my phone and saw the temp was 75 but the 'feels like' was 87.  I should brag about that.
Cell phones are such a part of our lives.  Instant communication and information.  I remember not that long ago needing to stay home because I was waiting for a call to come.  I remember neighbors that couldn't play because their mom said they had to 'watch the phone'.  Sounds boring.  Yesterday, the girls were in the back seat and they were 4" apart and texting each other.  Even they enjoyed the absurdity of it all.

I think more rain is coming.  I don't need to go visit the rain forest in Brazil because I have a hankering we have the same thing going on here.  Well, minus the pythons and boas anyway.  We are seeing some scary things around here though - rodents being dropped at every door in various degrees of decapitation.  Apparently the head and shoulders taste much better than the rear and tail.  I'd post pictures, but I don't want readership to plummet.

I'll leave you with this.  I love having window boxes.  Happy week ahead!


1 comment:

  1. I second the motion for kids with unusual names!!

    ReplyDelete