Monday, June 9, 2014

Monday Musings

Listen?  Do you hear that?  Utter silence.  At least that's what I'm hearing.  Well on second thought, I do hear Lisi snoring behind me.  Here I'll prove it!
That added an extra minute to this posting.  If you squint, you might see the computer screen with this post in its infancy.  

So summer is fast approaching!  The MYP just have a couple days left.  I'm fearfully joyful!  Or joyfully fearing!  Or something like that.  The first couple days of summer are spent sleeping in too late and then wondering what to do next -  met with some sighs and slight disgust over my brilliant suggestion of doing a few jobs.  Actually, they have been troopers of late helping out with jobs around the house, cleaning out the garage, mowing every few days, etc.  So I better give credit where credit is due.  

I intend to sit down with these MYP to decide job lists, technology privileges, and ideas of fun things to do.  I also plan on each of them taking one night/week to make supper.  We did it often last year and I think they learn some life skills about planning and making and serving a meal for others.  

Here's the promised new bedroom wall color shot.  She is happy and so we are happy! 
We had special people here for a couple days over the weekend!  I didn't get a nice formal shot, but I did get this one.  You see we were supposed to all go sing around the piano in the living room.  However, a friend and I got talking a bit too long and the madrigals brought the singing to us and then demanded us to sing back to them!  It was quite entertaining.  I wish I could put into words what it means to have them come stay with us.  But most of you know what I mean, so I guess I don't have to.  
So another milestone here at the Chairman and Co.  Son #1 is graduating from 8th grade this week and heading off to the big high school on the heels of his older sister.  I marvel how children change through the years.  This guy was an almost-hyper little toddler.  I received calls in his first couple years in grade school that he needed more 'self-control'.  Then I heard at a conference in 3rd grade that he couldn't remember to turn in homework, or other necessities.  Then he decided on his own to make some changes.  Grades rose to high honors.  Comments in the report card were about being helpful and inquisitive.  And thankfully, with little meddling, he did it all on his own.  I hope he lets me take his picture graduation night.  He's definitely not liking pictures taken of himself these days...  

This weekend someone wanted milk in their coffee.  I looked in the fridge and started to list off the options:  I had skim, 1%, 2%, whole, 1/2 and 1/2, and whipping cream.  Only in Dairyland...

I just realized the season of giving is coming!  And no, it is not Christmas.  In the next month, we have the aforementioned 8th grade graduation, a wedding, four birthdays in our immediate family, and four graduates!  Meeshka. 

Time to get going on my list of jobs for the day.  Laundry.  Bake bread.  Mow the yard.  Pull some weeds.  And just maybe take a nap in the sunshine.  And tomorrow?  I intend to do a little less than nothing before the busy of summer is upon me.  Please don't call and ask me for lunch.  Unless you are buying.  heh heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment