Monday, June 30, 2014

Monday Musings

Well hello there!  I missed hopping on later last week.  I even had Thursday Thoughts, but the days just got away from me.  I guess the busyness of summer really kicked in.  And maybe that's a good thing.  There'll be a dark, winter day where blogging will be my bright spot instead of the sunshine.

There were two additional girls here last light.  I checked my phone waking up and found a text from one of our daughters at 1:04 am saying, 'is anyone in the house?'.  Um.  Yes.  We usually try to sleep here.  It's a bit after 9 and I'm wondering if I should go wake her up and ask if she's in the house.  Heh heh.  

We've enjoyed lake time this year after spending some lots of money to repair a boat motor last year.  Thankfully it is working.



There's been trips to Sam's Club.  
The reason I took this picture of the two older ladies is that I had ample time.  You see they really loved 'Andy' that was checking them out.  They seemed to love anyone and would visit and slowly look for this and that and would smile at me behind them.  It was hard to be angry with all their cheer emanating from them.  One of them told 'Andy', 'did you know Delores is 90?'  Imagine that!  Yes, I will be 90 too if you don't get your elderly self moving through ya know.  

There has been berry picking.
yes, the camera perfectly captured the moods of all and probably the photo bomber in the background plotting his picking plan.
Usually end up with more than I need.

the MYP were most helpful but occasionally I would find the kitchen cleared out of help and would feel like the Little Red Hen telling them to come help me!
There has been some camping in the back yard.  We discovered a couple things as they camped.  1) our normally placid golden retriever is very, very serious about guard duty if they are out there.   She would not take a break hardly to eat breakfast.  2) ants like Doritos and MYP don't like ants, so the 2nd morning I saw some sleepy heads early.  
Another thing we discovered this week is that our cat has a thing for the neighbor cat.  The nice neighbor lady told us that Simba has been taking dead mice and dropping them off for their cat on their porch and they like to hang out together.  I'm just glad that's a few less dead rodents on our front stoop.  

There have been photobombing opportunities, but I am very thankful to say that I see growth in an emotional and physical way in them.  It's really interesting to see them come down the stairs and actually see they've grown in the night!
The Chairman's birthday is in two days!  It is fun to make a fuss over someone that doesn't like fusses made over them.  

And finally.  Just because it tickled my funny bone.

No comments:

Post a Comment