Monday, June 2, 2014

Monday Musings

Or can it?  I'm in a blogging slump.  I woke up this morning and felt a twinge of remorse that it was Monday.  I had Musing to do and little to muse.  One month from today it will be seven years since I began blogging.  I wasn't Musing every Monday back then like I do now.  But seriously.  Seven years?  That's a lot of typing mundane things.  

I usually get in a slump this time of year as I see summer quickly approaching.  I see a lack of quietness in the house that is conducive to typing up words worth (or sometimes not) reading.  I love the humid, summertime air and would rather be outdoors watching the flowers bloom and the sprouts shooting forth in the garden than inside a stuffy office typing something that people hardly read.  Again like every year in the past, we will see if future Mondays inspire me to keep at it...   


Yesterday, I woke up quite early so decided to take the pooch out for a little walk before the day really started.  Apparently, a shower had moved through just before as I saw a beautiful partial rainbow.  I was wondering why rainbows are so special.  We love their simple, colorful beauty.  But I think moreso, it is the one near-tangible thing that was promised that we can actually see.  Every time I see one, it feels like a faith-building experience.  I'm glad for that.

Yesterday, I was talking with the MYP and mentioned in passing that I was so glad that one of my friends has a special quality.  That quality is that she never tries to be like someone else.  She is who she is in a very unique and special way.  I thought of many people I know.  I wish I had the energy of S.  I wish I had the compassion of M.  I wish I could garden like S.  I wish had a wardrobe like S.  I wish I had the sweetness of P.  I wish I had the intelligence of R.  I wish I had the optimism of A.  I wish I could cook like E.  

But that's exactly why I like them.  They all have a special, unique quality just for them.  I'm not sure what mine is yet.  I'll keep looking and in the meantime, try not to be someone that isn't me!  

I saw this illustration on-line this week.  
I found it entertaining, because it is largely true.  But in the Chairman's case, he is our sole-breadwinner.  I can't imagine the responsibility he feels to keep the Chairman and Co. running with a few nickels in the slot.  And I never feel under-appreciated.   Just this weekend I mentally counted up about six compliments for this or that concerning food I made, the house condition, the yard, etc.  I'm so fortunate for him.

So tomorrow there is a project happening here at the Chairman and Co.  My mom and mom-in-law are coming to help me paint daughter #1's bedroom.  Why you ask?  Because they are better at it than I am.  I think it will go smoothly.  I just hope an argument doesn't break out as to who has the cutest grandchildren (heh heh).  

Well I'm Mused out.  Time to go do more mundane things.  Like washing a soccer uniform that has been on a sweaty little body for three games without a touch of Tide.  P.U.  

6 comments:

  1. Glad you took the time to muse! I feel exactly the same way about rainbows. Every sighting of one makes God feel close!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey!! i just blogged about rainbows!! i blog. i blog very boringly. i hope you blog forever. this humid summer air has the opposite effect on me than you..makes me want to stay in with a headache that it gives me and blog boringly. have fun painting tomorrow! i got to hang out with one of your relatives a couple days recently. very enjoyable person. very awesome example for my kids. keep blogging!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am slumping, too. And I think too, it is because the summer is coming and so is a lot of other things that need doing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here I am checking in when u can! :) I always enjoy reading :) enjoy your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was supposed to say checking in when *I can! Ooops

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still enjoy your musings!! :)

    ReplyDelete