Thursday, May 29, 2014

A thousand thoughts this Thursday

Just kidding!  You think I have a thousand thoughts in my head right now?  Well actually I might, but they aren't all for public consumption.

The feel-good endorphins are raging here.  The weather is completely ideal.  The grass is mowed.  The flowers and garden have been watered.  Supper is started.  So after I type this up I reckon I might go sit on the deck and sip some iced tea and take a deep breath of idyllic peace.  Until the MYP traipse in the door and wonder 'what's for snack?'.

However, someone just tried to make me feel not so good.  It almost worked.  Remember my love affair with Aldi?  Remember my previous cart experiences with Chuck E Cheese coins, etc?  Well another one just happened.  I'm walking out with two bags and decide to pick them up and put my cart back.  Up walks a man and woman.  He says, 'hey can we have that cart?'  'Sure!' I say.  He takes it from me.  He starts to wander towards the doors.  I look at the lady he's with.  She shrugs her shoulders and says, 'we don't have a quarter' and also wanders toward the doors.  That was that!  I was left holding two very heavy bags of goods and no quarter.  'HEY!  IF THERE'S NO QUARTER, WHERE'S MY THANKS???'  But it is too nice of a day to feel robbed of my coin.

Here's a couple pictures from the past few days:
not fighting like cats and dogs
I'm a little dismayed because Lisi garners much more appreciation for blog posts than I do.  It's probably because she's cuter.

I've always liked cats.  Here's proof.  This is Smoky - my first kitty.


Daughter #2 has been working on the stage crew for her school's middle school performance of "High School Musical".  She says it has been very stressful having everything staged and set by the time the curtain is pulled back again.  I wouldn't know.  I wasn't talented and involved as a stage crew member.
no neck injuries resulted from this picture
Twenty years ago this week my Grandpa died.  He was a man from a small town in Iowa.  His parents were both blind and he and his brother were raised in a very unique situation.  He married my grandma and raised two wonderful 'kids' and stayed true to his vows until the end.  He always put 'first things first'.   I loved to sit and talk with him.  I loved to hear him tell funny stories.  I loved how much he loved other people.  I loved his gift of writing.  And I loved how he loved me.  I've been looking at some throwback Thursday pictures lately, and came across this one:
Never mind the fact I'm chewing on my finger
I just ate a few too many cheese balls.  So I better walk a bit after I sit and soak up sunshine.

2 comments:

  1. Chevron dress....a total come back in style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stage crew is just as important as the rest. The only problem we found with a set crew, is that parents help with the strike. Sometimes late at night.

    ReplyDelete