Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Wishy-washy Wednesday

Not sure if this will turn out to be funny or sad.  Interesting or boring.  Worth your time or not.  So I better get started.

See this beautiful picture?
That is the picture of approximately $400.  Son #1 fights mold-related allergies that cause asthma.  It is a terrible disease but I'm thankful for medicine.  However, I am not thankful for the cost of the inhalers that run $180/month.  Yes, you read that right.  Each puff is close to $6.  We had our annual appointment with his allergy doctor I have grown to appreciate.  I may have mentioned that I was considering encouraging our son to take his medicine every other day to keep costs down.  I may have mentioned that insurance is non-existent for us except for catastrophic events.  I may have mentioned we are a family of five.  I may have cried as I was sitting there.  Just kidding!  I didn't stoop that low.  However, Dr. Allergy returned to the room with the next few months of samples for us to help off-set the cost.  Doesn't hurt to be be a squeaky wheel sometimes.

Cats tend to be a bit petulant at times.  You know, crabby.  I think Simba took it too far right before breakfast as he tried to give me the bird.  Yes you read that right.  He tried to give me the bird.  Not just any bird.  A living feathered friend.  He was meowing through clenched teeth trying to bring this little fowl into the house.
You probably think it has a sad outcome right?  Wrong!  I sent out Lisi to distract the cat and he turned his head fast and unclenched his jaw and away flew our little feathered friend!  Bird - 1.  Cat - 0.

When should children give up their 'blankies'?  We have a child here near the age of 12.  She has two yellow blankies that she's had since birth.  She said if the house would catch fire she would grab her bible, her phone, and her blankies.  I asked how much they were worth to her?  She wasn't backing down even when I reached $100,000.  I guess you would call them priceless.  However, I was urging her to think about putting them in a box somewhere.  She didn't agree....

Here's what the schedule looked like last night for after school driving.  I had to write it down to be sure I didn't leave anyone stranded.  Thankfully, the rest of the week is wide-open!  Hooray for suppertime!

At the recent funeral, I was asked to take this picture for someone.  I'm glad I did.
These five are 100% Italian.  One is my mother-in-law and the others are all her siblings.  It was really neat to see them all interact and be together.  Two of the brothers weren't happy to have to stop eating  cookies for the camera.  Heh heh.

One thought we heard at the funeral about this dear lady was her way of entering a room.  She wasn't the 'here I am!' kind of person.  She was the 'there you are!' kind.  I always want to remember that as I often feel I come across in the 'here I am!' way.  Yes, even though I am a long ways down this road of life, I still have lots to learn.

I also have lots to clean.  My goal is to get the house cleaned from attic to basement and a bit inbetween.  I need to get to the 'washy' part of this wishy-washy day.

2 comments:

  1. I like that thought of being a "There you are!" kind of person. I'm not there yet either. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh- let her keep the blankie! ;) (Or put it away for when she's older. Or make a teddy bear out of it.)

    ReplyDelete