Monday, May 26, 2014

My friend came!

I keep staring at her, and she doesn't get up off her chair to give me another walk.  Sigh.  What a lazy Big Lady!

Hello!  This is your old pal Lisi!  I realize I have been calling myself an 'old pal' for some time.  I'm starting feel the old part in my bones more than I used to.  You would think the Big Lady that yells but loves me anyway would just give me more kibble and extra treats knowing that sometime she won't be able to do that anymore.  I doubt it happens though because sometimes she calls me 'fat'.  I think that's called verbal abuse.

I just had a wonderful 24 hours.  You see the Big Lady that yells but loves me anyway said that most-wonderful "M" word.  My friend Mavrick was coming!  And he did!  It was wonderful.  We sniffed each other on both ends.  We wrestled a bit.  We begged for treats together.  We took a wonderful hike through the woods.  And we laid side by side and took delicious naps.  But all good things must come to an end.

Soon I saw Mavricks Big People starting to load up their things.  Mavrick is so lucky because his Big People don't seem as tense and ornery as the Big Lady that yells but loves me anyway.  They seem so patient and kind all the time.  I hope the Big Lady takes notice.

They told Mavrick it was time to get in their car.  "DON'T LEAVE MY FRIEND!  We still have a couple holes to dig.  We still have to settle our last wrestling match.  We still have a cat to chase.  (Don't tell Mavrick, but I still want to steal some more of his dog kibble.).  And up he went.  I got up on my back legs trying to get in.
I hopped up.  Do you think they would notice if I sat real quiet?
They see me!  If I smile real big will they let me go?  Please????
Oh no!  Here comes the Big Lady!  She's not even yelling!  She's yanking me by my collar!  What a brute!
I dug my back paws in hard.  Nothing doing.  She did one swift yank and pulled me out of their car.  See?  Even Mavrick looks scared.

So here I sit.  Staring at the Big Lady that yells but loves me anyway.  I probably would miss her tomorrow morning.  She stays home with me most all the days.  After everyone goes in a car or a yellow bus, she gets down on her knees by my bed and rubs all those special spots.

Even though she has some really annoying quirks.  Even though she never-ever seems to give me enough treats.  Even though the walks sometimes aren't long enough.  Even though she pokes pills down my throat.  Even though she yells at me sometimes (admittedly deserved), she loves me anyway.  So I better stay back so she doesn't feel too worthless.  Because we dogs are loyal.  And that's why she loves me.

5 comments:

  1. Your "big lady" is a great photo journalist! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! Loved the photos AND the prose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been too long since I visited! Glad your post caught my eye. The adventures of Lisi are always a real treat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved these pix, Lisi!!! You have a great smile! :)

    ReplyDelete