Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Words this Wednesday

It's time I let you in on a secret.  You see it is 4:49 on this fine afternoon and I have not showered yet.  I did manage to brush my teeth.  However, the rest of me doesn't feel that squeaky clean.  It's been one of those days.

Actually, in case you're interested, I didn't die from my illness.  Thanks for your concern.  Last night after I went to bed, I felt the plague being lifted and I woke up without every fiber of my body aching.  That's worth something, eh?

I got a frantic text this morning from our resident high schooler saying she had forgotten the 2-liter bottle that was absolutely mandatory for her science class today.  So I hopped in the van in all my non-showered glory and ran it to school.  I may or may not have been wearing a dirty "Life is Good" shirt that said, 'These are the good old days' on the front when I took the absolutely mandatory for science class bottle.  The teacher had the last laugh however, as they didn't even use the absolutely mandatory for science class bottles today at all.  Grrrr.

I was a sower today!  I don't like sowing.  Well to be honest, I don't like sewing either.  Might have something to do with that word.  Or the effort needed to make something happen.  Yes, I got most of the garden planted.  I thought of that hymn we used to sing around the piano.
Over and over, yes, deeper and deeper
My heart is pierced through with life’s sorrowing cry,
But the tears of the sower and songs of the reaper
Shall mingle together in joy by and by

While I sowed these teeny-weeny natural seeds I was very thankful for those that sow more important seeds.  I don't know even a measure, but I'm sure sometimes they are sown in tears.

Why does my chive plant think it can take over the garden?  And why do I need so much chives?  One can only eat so many potatoes.  And catnip.  If you have a cat, please plant this stuff.  It is just like marijuana for cats.  And it is hilarious watching Simba all googly-moogly upside down on the catnip looking like he's higher than a kite.

Got some pots planted

window boxes done!  

my 'selfie'.  The MYP said that moms should not take 'selfies'.

I've noticed that blogs that have a wide-audience often have a 'guest blogger' write a post once in awhile.  Any takers?  Oh wait, maybe my wide-audience isn't wide enough.

Was talking with the MYP today after school about a situation.  Then I just said, 'we really only have one shot at this - you the kids and we the parents'.   One of the MYP spoke up and said, 'too bad you're not like the bald eagles that lay eggs each spring and can do it better each year'. Yes.  Too Bad.  Or not.

Well, it is officially time to shower.  Like six hours ago.  P.U.  

3 comments:

  1. My problem....I took a shower~late late morning now want/need/long to go back out but then I would need to retake b4 B.S. so therefore i am house bound with the broom and vacuum....not a content camper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kids 'comments crack me up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That eagle comment cracked me up, too!

    ReplyDelete