Monday, May 5, 2014

Monday Musing

This was one of my first text messages yesterday.  
Indeed.  I had a birthday.  And yes, that number wasn't a joke.  It actually is no laughing matter.  How did I ever get to be 49?  Meeshka!

I think age is just a number though.  Inside I feel quite young.  Outside, I don't look so young.  But emotionally, I feel secure and loved and very content and that's what really matters I think.

One of our daughters returned from a birthday bash Saturday and in her excitement was saying, 'my friends and I were all sitting around reminiscing about our childhood'.  Sounds sweet doesn't it?  It sounds way more funny when it came out of the mouth of an 11-year old.

I'm not big on gifts.  In fact, it almost makes me nervous to open them for some odd reason.  The Chairman and the MYP were doing lots of whispering and drove off at random times without me and presented me with an assortment of goodies that they had heard me say at one time or another that I needed.  They all must have been listening as I received three sweaters and three spatulas!  It makes me smile.


A gift that meant even more to me was this:
 And this:
You see while I was doing some pre-bedtime chatting with the girls last night I heard a clatter of dishes.  Then water running.  Then more commotion.  I come down and son #1 (earning his title for sure) had emptied the dishwasher, reloaded it, wiped down all the counters and organized the mudroom.  Be still my heart.

I need to come up with an Asian casserole for the school's teachers before tomorrow at 10:45.  I looked at the listing of contributions and it looks quite cheesy (well we are from Dairyland you know) and heavy.  So I had volunteered to do something light and spicy and Asian.  Well good grief.  I may have bit off more than I can chew!

Well that's about it.  I tried to upload a video of Lisi playing hide and seek, but it isn't working.  Phooey.  Oh well, no one would probably like it more than me anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment