Monday, May 12, 2014

Monday Musings

Well good day to you!  I'll Muse a bit, but it will be a bit brief.  This will be a 'better day' because we are not going to a feast.  We are going to a place of mourning.  And it will be a 'better day' because we will be surrounded by people that love others, by hearing about things that matter beyond this life, and by paying our respects to a lady that radiated cheerfulness.

Yesterday was Mother's Day as you all know!  I'd love to report that I received a tray with breakfast in bed and a rose draped across the plate, no chores to face, and a day of utter and complete peace and relaxation.  However, life isn't always what it seems to be.  After unloading the dishwasher and making whole-grain triple-berry pancakes for my loved ones, I got ready for the day and combed some other heads of hair and then the Chairman got deservedly riled up.  You see he put forth good effort to try and ensure the MYP had what they needed for the big day.  Then they were so preoccupied with 'getting ready' that the gifts and accolades didn't happen before we needed to leave.  It wasn't really picture perfect.

However, once we settled down at his folks for dinner and the afternoon, something 'clicked' and it became a bit more picture perfect.  Here's some proof.

yes they are growing

girls always like just one more selfie
There's another secret I haven't divulged on the Chairman and Co.  I feel it is time I owe it to you the readers.  You see the Chairman has another woman and I don't really mind at all.  You see she gazed into his eyes first.  She held his hand first.  She tussled his hair first.  She made sure all his needs were met first.  And best of all, she loved him first.  And I don't mind.  At all.
We have read over and over on FB about everyone having the 'best' mom.  That seems impossible, but does it?  You see maybe everyone has the 'best' one just for them.  I know I did.  Even though I'm nearing 50 and have been at this parenting gig for quite some time, I often do a thought check when considering something.  "What would mom do?"  I'm glad for a patient, kind, dedicated example of a loving mother - today and in my earliest memory.  What an awesome benchmark.

Saturday, we had picture-perfect weather.  Since we are such thoughtful parents, we wanted to ensure the MYP could enjoy it in all its beauty.  So after we mowed the yard and lot, we hollered encouraged them to pick up rakes and make sure the extra grass clumps were put into the wheelbarrow and thrown into the ditch.  In their world we were just one or two commands short of it feeling like they were in basic training.  However, with a little encouragement and a bit less hollering it went very well.   We're thoughtful parents like that.

Then they moved!  Ha!  I jest.  Well actually two of them did move.  They decided over breakfast that child #1 wanted child #2's bedroom.  So after some negotiation, lots of commotion and activity and some audible groans, I went upstairs to see the conundrum.  Wowsers it was a just shy of a cataclysmic disaster in my eyes.  You see I have just a tinge of OCD and can hardly handle things out of place.  Take two bedrooms and completely disassemble them and their contents and I'm just a car-ride away from going to the loony bin.  After the Chairman and I helped at the end with the biggest stuff, it looks quite nice and I think everyone is quite pleased with the results.  Whew!  Nothing like the eve of Mother's Day hauling two different desks into two different rooms.
Well time is wasting and I must go.  Glad I had time to Muse with you before a very busy day ahead.  

No comments:

Post a Comment