Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Words this Wednesday

Yes, I'm a bi-polar blogger.  I go from not wanting to blog anymore to wanting to blog once more.  Don't call me crazy.  I know that already.

Remember my persuasive endorsement of Norwex?  Well it just keeps coming.  You see Norwex not only cleans surfaces and windows.  It saves lives!  Particularly - our cat's.  If you don't know the Chairman very well, I'll let you in on a secret.  He likes cars.  Like really likes and appreciates cars.  And he is a bit particular about his cars.  He likes them clean.

Enter one big, sweet orange cat on the scene.  Cats like to be in high places to see the world.  Cats LOVE to sit on cars even with dirty little precious paws.  And they leave not-so-precious prints on very clean cars.  Norwex to the rescue!  I can wipe down the car before the Chairman is privy to such distasteful behavior.  Now don't go telling him this or Mr. Simba Tomcat will be in a bit of trouble.

Do you love Special K or scotcheroo or whatever else you call them bars?  I've recently started to make them with the Krispy roll-up recipe in a pan instead.  Kids think they are the old recipe.  But there's only a bag of marshmallows for sweetener instead of a cup of corn syrup and a cup of sugar.  Here is the recipe.  You're welcome.

I love advertisements on Facebook.  Just in the past two days I've had ads for 'plus-sized swimwear' and 'infertility treatments at any age!'.  Thanks.  But no thanks.

I just might go into veterinary medicine next if I'm looking for challenge and reward.  Lisi has had this weird skin tag on her neck for the past year.  I wrapped a piece of dental floss (mint flavored in fact!) tight around it at the base and it is about ready to fall off.  Cost at vet for procedure:  $180.  Cost at home:  approximately $.02.  I am not sure where I intend to spend the $179.98 quite yet.

And probably many of you have heard the utter tragedy that has happened in our area just recently.  Two 12-year old girls did the unthinkable.  They were living in a fantasy world instead of reality.  This hits extremely close to home because these girls would have been daughter #2's classmates had we not moved six years ago.  It makes me just queasy thinking of their worthless future.  The victims suffering.  It all is very icky.  Once again I feel like it is not my duty to save the world.  However it is our duty and responsibility to tend our own garden.  Be available for questions.  Love without reserve. Guide them to the right source.  That's the most we can do.

Yesterday, the two moms came to help me paint!  It turned out wonderful.  Daughter is happy.  The Chairman (who tends to be kinda fussy about paint as well as cars) was happy.  And I'm happy it is done!  I'd post a picture, but I'll wait until the stuff is on the wall and the overflowing laundry basket of clean clothes is put away.

Well I broke down and bought donuts for the MYP today.  I may or may not have bought one for myself.  Hey!  Maybe Facebook is onto something!

No comments:

Post a Comment