Monday, September 15, 2014

Monday Musings

I feel like a million miles from Monday.  Yet the harsh reality of life is that it indeed is Monday and I must Muse.

Most of you know that we have been away for some days of resting and feasting.  I'm not sure which word describes what it is like, but I think both are appropriate.  It once again was the best one ever.  When you are there it is like life and time stands still - yet the four-plus days go by in the fastest way possible.

Once again our assignment was bathroom duty.  One of my comrades in commodes dubbed us the "Loo Crew".  I like that.  I'm thinking we should have some aprons made up with that embroidered on the top.  However, there's something to be said about plastic, disposable aprons in the event they get dirty (which often happens).  I personally feel it is the most rewarding job on the grounds.  And hopefully, it smelled like roses (or at least tried to some days!).

The crew we had together was about the best one yet.  In fact, our duties were expanded to include working in some other buildings.  I personally like to think of it as a promotion, but that wouldn't be humble enough.  So maybe I'll just say we had enough people to work in other areas too.  Here we are in all our glory!  Aren't they a lovely and lively bunch?

We had the help of these new recruits this year.
I did not force them to mop.  I promise.  They begged and begged me to do it until I relented thinking I would just mop again once those little cuties left.  Well guess what?  They were so careful I think they did a better job than I would have.

We stopped for a bit of supper on our way home.  Why is it when you see these same people you have seen for four days at a restaurant that it is such a complete joy?   I think I know the answer.

So today is the normal after-time-away laundry party.  I'm glad for large capacity machines.  And after I took this photo I realized two of the MYP's contributions were missing.
I always feel bad for the MYP after being away.  I saw one holding back tears as we drove away yesterday.  I heard audible groans this morning as they got up to face the harsh realities of life and school and needing to play catch-up this week.  One was asking help for a math problem last night.  I was never great at math and it made me think of this:
Well happy Monday to you!  I'm off to many needs.  Kneading bread.  Needing to buy some produce.  Needing to fold many, many piles of clothes.  And needing to put a lot into practice.

2 comments:

  1. If your convention was anything like ours, we are going to be two busy ladies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just have to put in this: :-) !

    ReplyDelete