Thursday, September 25, 2014

Thursday Thoughts

Good Thursday morning!  I took this picture of our street from my trusty iPhone 4s this am while running out to get the paper.  I may or may not have been wearing my fleece pj's and flip flops while standing in the middle of street.

You see I was sleepy at 6:10 am.  Why you ask?  Because it was 6:10 am and I had just finished making french toast and packed three lunches.  But there's more!  You see the Chairman likes to walk in the evenings with Lisi.  Last night was later because of our study meeting.  He returns from the walk at 10:30 and asks me (while reading in bed) if Lisi had come back home after he lost track of her 1/2 mile from home.  Um.  No.  So I get up and put on something decent and head off in the car and he by foot.  Now mind you I had just swigged down a full dose of Nyquil to keep me from coughing up body parts while I slept.  There's nothing quite like driving around in the dark night whistling for your dog all the while feeling slightly woozy and drunk on Nyquil at 10:50 at night.  Alls well that ends well.  Lisi came back home all on her own and seemed highly excited and surprised to see me drive in.  I was just thankful I didn't hit the garage as I parked the van.

I really enjoy all things food.  I love cooking, baking, stir-frying, boiling... you name it.  I take a slight pride in the fact that I feed the family healthy and tasty meals day after day after day....  However, last night was a complete failure in the eyes of the MYP. One of them who you might guess said the following that I posted on FB. "Normally I don't eat a lot because I just don't like food that much. But tonight's supper was bad. I'll give you an A+ for effort, but it was bad. Real bad."  Thank you my sweets!  On a side note, the Chairman approved but didn't ask for it again real soon.
I knew it wasn't very filling when son #1 put in the request for french toast as I was saying goodnight to him.  Nothing like sending your MYP to bed hungry!  

The other night when I was actually cooking a meal that everyone enjoyed I heard a "whoosh" sound that seemed very close.  I rushed outside and there it was!  It was so close you could have thrown a football to the folks in the basket.  Fall is such a pretty time.
I needed to make a call to a major retailer that did a repair on our lawn mower.  You see I found a coupon after the repair was completed and wanted to see if it was possible to get a money credit for the work performed.  Well let me tell you, fast talking worked!  I got $49 credited back to my account and I made a new friend in Texas!  She's a single mom (her husband died) with five kids from age 22 down to 13.  She lives just outside of Dallas in the country and cooks a dozen eggs for breakfast each morning for her family after she rises at 3:00 am to have coffee and some quiet time before the family gets up.  I could go on, but I believe you smart readers get the point.  

Well trying to make amends with the MYP and have cinnamon rolls ready for the oven.  Hope you have a good rest of the week.  I think these Thursday Thoughts are through.

No comments:

Post a Comment