Thursday, September 4, 2014

Thursday Thoughts

Not a lot of thoughts, but a few anyway!

Yes, school has started for the MYP here in Dairyland.
Off to high school

off to middle school
This year is a first.  It is the first time for daughter #2 to not have a sibling in school with her.  And you know what?  It won't be happening again either.  You see our high school is broken up by two campuses.  Her brother will be moving on to the next campus by the time she enters the doors.  I think she's happy/sad about it.  

It's always a transition to return to school.  There's jittered nerves.  I'm talking about me, not the MYP!  Ha.  I do thoroughly enjoy the quieter days and love to hear the bus return.  But I forget how it is.  I go from this (well kinda, sorta, but not really):
to this when they get home from school. (Yes, Lisi is sometimes along for the ride.)
We never wanted to be "those" people.  You know the ones that over-schedule their kids in sports, music, drama, lessons, etc?  Well we have three MYP.  Each one has one sport or a job.  That equates to lots of driving to and fro.  Thankfully, it is mostly all nearby.  But it does make for an interesting calendar.

I was waiting for the bus the other day.  This was my view.  They just finished a really good knock-em-out fight.  Then laid down together to rest up for the next round.  They make me smile.  
Yesterday we heard some news that was distressing.  It doesn't affect our family directly, but it does affect some people we love.  We often hear that when one member suffers, the rest suffer.  That really proves true once again.  Life is a gift.  Our children are gifts.  Love without reserve....

No comments:

Post a Comment