Monday, September 29, 2014

Monday Musings

Well happy new week to you!  We've had spectaculicious weather the last while.  Perfect temperatures, vibrant colors on the foliage with a stunning blue backdrop.  And to think I used to dread fall.

If you know me or have followed my blog, you know that my creativity is challenged at best.  Have you ever seen those posts about pinterest fails?  They are funny.  And they are so me.  I tried do a little something creative yesterday.
Look closely.  You can see where the spray paint got on the left side of the pumpkin.  You can see where it dripped in the middle of the "D".  I give up.  Crafty-clever-cute can be left to the rest of you.

We've had some wonderful days out hiking in nature.  Daughter #2 accompanied me on Saturday.  I love this picture because it looks like I'm in my home state of South Dakota again.  Oh how I miss the prairie some days.  
Of course Lisi came too.  I had her sit by a little pile of leaves daughter #2 collected.  Dogs are such love able dim-wits.  I tell her to sit in the middle of the path to pose by some leaves and she sincerely thinks it's a good idea.  
Then there's "Ranya".  She is standing there in the cream/black.  She is the aunt of the opposing rec soccer team our daughter played late-Saturday afternoon.  "Ranya" (yes her real name, she spelled it for someone) screamed and hollered and carried on like this was the semi-finals of the World Cup.  Her sister-in-law (in the green chair) looked like she about had enough at one point.  And I did too as I hastened to move my camp chair over to the other side by half-time.  Thankfully, we won and "Ranya" knocked the decibels down a couple notches.  Meeska!   
Our family all headed out for another park Sunday afternoon.  Here's the Chairman and I!  
Here's the MYP.  The top was taken 12 years ago.  The bottom was yesterday.  I would love to recreate it again with them in decent clothes.  But oh well.  I was just quite pleased they were willing to do it and to gasp!  Hold hands for a few seconds.  

At 5 am on Sunday morning my phone blared a warning sign in the bedroom.  I popped up and squinted my aging eyes trying to read what it was saying.  I saw "Amber Alert" and put the phone down and went back to bed.  I told the MYP at breakfast what had happened.  One of them pipes up, 'did you come upstairs to see if we were still there?'.  Um.  No.  

Well I hear it is 'National Coffee Day'.  I plan on doing nothing different today.  I had my mug of 'joe' this morning.  And I intend to have my cuppa black tea this afternoon.  I'm rebellious like that. 

Happy week ahead! 


2 comments:

  1. I just love Lisi..she's one of the more brilliant of dim witted dogs I do believe. Great post. I loved your kids comment after telling them about the Amber Alert!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been loving this lovely October weather, calm days, temperate temperatures, and blue skies.

    ReplyDelete