Monday, September 8, 2014

Monday Musings

Greetings!  This is my view.
No, we didn't get a tv yet.  And we have no minivan in the house.  And I have no clue of the lady's name in front of me. Let's just call her Laurie because that's what she looks like from the back. I'm sitting at the local Honda dealership waiting for our van.  I tried to explain the "strange sound" coming from the front left tire.  I'm not sure 'Al' really understood the "grrr-rr" sound I was tying to make.  Oh well.  I'm learning about JLo on some show and typing up a blog post because it Monday and I love you all.  

I had an interesting dream last night.  I dreamt that since this blog was popular world-wide, the dog name "Lisi" was #3 in popularity only behind "Max" and "Buster".  There was an article about Lisi and me and lots of pictures taken from the blog.  I am thinking my self-esteem is overrated these days.  Silly me. 

There's a slight feeling of fall in the air now.  In fact, I had to break out my REI wooly slippers this morning because any time the temp drops below 63, my feet are like little blocks of ice.  
This coming week promises to be super special.  I have much to do before Wednesday evening but we will manage like we always do.  And every effort will be worth it.  Even bathroom duty!

Today friends will be burying their 15-year old son.  The depth of grief is unimaginable to me.  In light of their loss it has been very, very easy to stop and listen to our MYP.  It has been easy to overlook a shoe in the way.  The crumbs under the stools where they eat breakfast.  It is a joy to get a text with a picture of a perfect quiz score.  And it is easy to sit in the hallway on the floor with these lovely young people all around and talk about our day and listen to them chatter.  The other night as our fast-growing teenage son walked by me I said "I want to hug you" and he turned around and said "well why don't you then?".  We both needed it.  

Well I just had a couple tears slide down my cheek here in the bustling Honda dealership waiting room.  I better call this a post and go try out some weak waiting-room coffee.  

I'll be back to Musing next Monday! 




1 comment:

  1. Lisi rising. :-)
    Sure am thinking of Wisconsin as you head into these very special days! If you meet Bart, give him my greetings.

    ReplyDelete