Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Words this Wednesday

Just some words.

Today I was thankful for Google.  Why you ask?  Because they own the platform to the blogspot that I get to use each week?  That the Google car is fascinating?  That their web-searches are so useful?  No.  Today I'm thankful for an alarming e-mail I received telling me that someone in Malaysia knew my password and was logging into my accounts.  They warned to change my password(s) immediately which I did.  Who knows what mayhem may have come out of Malaysia.

Today I had to smile.  I was at a car dealership (Chevy this time!) waiting for the oil change to be completed in a crowded waiting room.  A stooped-over elderly man came over to me.  He smiles at me and says for everyone to hear, 'you have a very nice outfit!  Can I say that to you?  I don't want you to think I'm fresh or anything.'  No, you cute little older man.  I don't think of you being 'fresh'.  I haven't heard that term since forever.  And yes, you did make me smile.

Today I heard the MYP complain.  You see they have such a negative connotation over 'crock pot meals'.  They walk in from school and I have some beef simmering in the pot.  I also am serving mashed potatoes out of the garden, sweet corn I froze with my own hands, and a spinach salad.  Yes, they are complaining today.  But some day!  Some day they will be wondering what to make themselves for supper and wish it came out of a crock pot.  Or not.

Today I am excited!  You see the Chairman called yesterday.  He said he has two free tickets to go see a Packer game tomorrow night!  I have always kinda-sorta wanted to go.  I have wanted more and more lately to have alone-time with the Chairman.  And!  The home team is playing my former home team.  No matter the team that wins, I'll feel happy.  It's a win-win-win!

Today I read this.  I found it interesting about stay-at-home moms.  I'm ashamed I often feel like I need to justify being 'just home'.  The Chairman is 145% supportive.  The MYP are supportive.  My friends and family are supportive.  Yet deep inside I feel as if I should do more.  And I do.  It just happens to be that it is at home.

Well enough words from me today.  Thanks for the chat!

2 comments:

  1. It doesn't matter if they complain as long as they eat it. And I was amazed what happened when my people moved out and had to get their own meals. They were a lot less picky and a lot more capable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They'll be wanting to know which crock pot is the best one to buy.

    ReplyDelete