Monday, October 6, 2014

Monday Musings

I type this to the din of cement trucks.  Lots of activity in the neighborhood today.  The neighbors across the street are getting a driveway poured.  A new foundation is also being poured for a new home the other direction.  However, it isn't stopping a good Monday morning nap.  I may be terribly biased, but I think they are so cute together.
I read a statistic yesterday.  Eighty-one percent of the people that read blogs trust the blog writers.  The bloggers can even be influential in purchases.  Sixty-one percent make purchases based on a bloggers recommendation.  This could be fun!

We were attempting to do our annual camping weekend and it ended up being just day-camping for us with family and an early exit due to frigid and wet conditions.  However, I found some pictures on my phone that someone took and some I took.





I've been thinking about teaching.  I am not a teacher but I love to teach.  Having the privilege to parent the MYP has given ample opportunities to teach.  When we returned from China with our developmentally delayed darling daughter (I like redundancy), we experienced the joy of teaching at euphoric levels.  She changed by day from learning to sit up to crawling around like a crab within weeks.  We taught the fundamentals of subtraction by playing a tape of Raffi singing 'Five Green and Speckled Frogs'.  We attempted to teach them how to be kind to each other.  But there is something that isn't easy and is sometimes painful to teach.  That is the quality of self-denial.  But maybe the best way to teach it is to live it.  I hope to learn how to do that better.

This will be enough aMusing for today.  I might have to catch up with you in a few days when I have more time and there could be promise of more aMusement.

2 comments:

  1. Since I get this overwhelming urge to buy dog food whenever I read this blog, I was wondering what brand I should get..... Actually, what I get the urge for is to get a dog and cat! And you're judgement in that department seems sound....

    ReplyDelete
  2. haaaa..love Anita's comment!!! I think you would make a great teacher!!! Start a cooking school. I will be your first enrollee..you can do them online now...do it!! Let me know when you begin!!! Just get a youtube channel maybe ..or some such...new fangled means for teaching!! (i seem rather euphoric today don't i..perhaps it was the 1 and a half cups of coffee?)

    ReplyDelete